Saturday 5 July 2014

Guerlain Rouge Automatique Lipstick Samsara (124) - Review, Swatch, FOTD

Imagine yourself in one of the poshest stores in one of the poshest shopping areas of the world surrounded by men and women in Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Prada etc and you are there wearing a dress with Bata rubber Hawaii chappals, the ones we wear at home! Yup that was me inside Guerlain's iconic 68 Avenue des Champs-Élysées boutique in Paris. Believe me never have I felt so awkward in my life but I was battling severe shoe bites and a foot infection so it was either chappals or not walk at all and I obviously chose the former. 

You just have to see the Guerlain boutique. It is so luxurious and opulent. That day the entrance was decorated with white roses and inside there are crystal chandeliers, marble sculptures, huge flower decorations etc etc. The moment I walked in I saw the guard looking at me with a 'Are you really wearing flip flops to this store' kinda look but I just flashed him a sweet smile and went inside very matter of factly. I knew that everything in the store would be priced much higher than what I would get at duty free (nearly 10 Euros more!) but I still wanted to buy something and at the end settled for the Rouge Automatique lipstick in Samsara. It is quite an old shade but the berry-red color is just perfect for our Indian skin tone. 

Guerlain Rouge Automatique Lipstick Samsara (124)


The formula of Guerlain's Rouge Automatique lipsticks is fabulous. It is lightweight, creamy and moisturising, feels very comfortable on the lips, has great pigmentation, and makes the lips look luscious. I checked out all the other formulas but found this to have the best texture and pigmentation. And the lipstick looks really good too! The golden tube does not have a removable cap but has a little self-contained door which at the push of a lever swings open and slides the lipstick up. The design is a refinement of an original Guerlain art-deco lipstick based on a similar sliding mechanism released in 1936 remade for the Rouge Automatiques.





This is my very first Guerlain lipstick and I can already see myself buying a lot more of these. The only problem is the price. Kolkata does not have a Guerlain store so my only option is to buy them from strawberrynet where Samsara and the rest of the Rouge Automatiques are priced at Rs 2349. Expensive but when its from Guerlain what else can you expect!

Have you used any of Guerlain's lipsticks? Which is your favorite shade? Do share in the comments below.



No comments: