Sunday 22 July 2012

Rosebud Perfume Co Mocha Rose Lip Balm - Review and Pics


Hey Pretties

Hope you all had a super Saturday. Well I sure did! Today was my lazy Saturday. In case you are wondering what that is, I have one lazy Saturday every month where I spend the entire day just doing nothing. No going out, no shopping, no eating out just a lot of sleeping, TV and a bit of blogging. The best day of the month! 

OK now coming back to today's post. A few of you had requested me to do a review of the Rosebud Perfume Co Mocha Rose lip balm after looking at my most used products in a week post on Monday. So here goes..

I picked up this balm from Sephora Singapore and honestly I only got it for the tin container (I'm a sucker for anything remotely vintage looking!) and the delicious smell. I had no idea at that time that the Rosebud Perfume Co has been around since 1895 and that all their products, specially the Smith's Rosebud Salve is a cult favorite. After trying on the Mocha Rose lip balm, I can very well understand why.

This is one balm that I'm never gonna get tired of using simply because it does its job so well. Its made of a blend of 'Trade Secret' essential oils in a petroleum base infused with Mocha, Chocolate, Vanilla and Rose flavors. So you can very well imagine how this one smells!....Delicious is an understatement and what I love is that the smell is so subtle. Nothing overpowering but just enough to make you want to keep sniffing the tin all day long! Its enriched with Shea Butter and Vit E therefore keeps lips hydrated the entire day. Everything is au natural -  no parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances or chemicals. The shade is a super sheer, light peachy pink so it adds that tinge of color , also doubling as a lip gloss. And its not sticky or gooey at all!

The best part of Mocha Rose is that its such a versatile product. Not only as a lip balm, this can be used all over the body to moisturize, soothe and calm skin irritation. The tin has a lot of product (22 gm) so this lasts for a really long time, is decently priced ($7), travel friendly and once empty, can be used to store mints or even pills! This little beauty is definitely my 'tin of joy'. 

The cons are its availability ( I haven't seen it anywhere in India but you can get this at all Sephora stores, and maybe on ebay and Amazon as well) and that you have to get your fingers inside the tin to apply the product which is kinda unhygienic (I bought the tin sometime back but they also have a tube version of Mocha Rose out now). Apart from these two, I really can't think of anything else coz its just so good.. an absolute Must Have product! I highly recommend this balm and I'm sure it will also become your 'tin of joy' once you use it.






 Have you tried any of the Rosebud lip balms? Which one is your favorite? Do share in the Comments below.

Love

D

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi...sweets...I really liked this rosebud lip balm...send one for my bdy ;)

lol

kidding...can I buy tis from any online site...it sounds yummy

Unknown said...

Lol..wish I could Smita :))..you can check ebay or amazon. They should have it..None of the indian websites have it

Swati R said...

I wish Sephora will open soon in India.. I have heard it will soon in Select city walk Delhi :)
This seems really yummy.. :D

Unknown said...

Ive been hearing that too..Gosh these Delhi people will have everything:(...think I have to go to Del just for shopping once Sephora opens up!

Anonymous said...

hmm I too wish swati....this opens in India...

dolon why don't u give this also in giveaway ;)

(i know u will kill me for this)

Anonymous said...

btw dolon do chk my new...post on lipcolor by revlon and nail paint by lakme...hope u will like it

Unknown said...

Lol..sabar ka phal meetha hota hai smita dear..you never know I might do a giveaway with this sometime later :)

Christina said...

Great post..Mocha Rose is my favorite! The only place you can find Rosebud products around here is Sephora. I wish they had more retailers!

xx Christina

Unknown said...

Hey Christina..welcome to my blog :)...this is such a fab product and I so love that tin! Its not available in India anywhere..and we dont have Sephora :(

Swati R said...

hehhe do meet me whenever you will come to Delhi :D

I wish it would open soon.... :p

Unknown said...

Sure I will :)..Ya keeping my fingers crossed for a 2012 opening!

Makeup And Beautty By Samannita said...

nice lip balm.

Unknown said...

It really is Toa

Yendrilla said...

this lip balm looks so pretty!! <3

Unknown said...

It really is Yendrilla and its a great product

Pooja G said...

sounds delicious Dee....pretty packaging too :) great review :)

Unknown said...

This looks yumm !