Friday 20 July 2012

Bought a Too Light Foundation? Tips on How To Make It Work

"Oh No...What a waste of money!..I look like a ghost wearing this foundation. Damn that SA at the counter..she sweet talked me into buying this color and now I'm stuck with it. Arghhh.. now I'll need to think of how to get rid of this and again have to buy another one"!

Sounds familiar? I bet it does. All of us have at least 1-2 foundations that are either too light or too dark for our skin tones. I mean there is only so much color matching that one can do over a counter! But fret not my pretties, you can actually make that light foundation work for you. Presenting the top three fixes from my precious beauty file (Yes, I actually have one!)






1. Use it as a highlighter - Your foundation can also double up as a non shimmery highlighter. Apply it to the middle of your nose to elongate, on the upper cheeks to add brightness, or on the top of the Cupid's bow. You can also use it on the inner corners of the eye and under the eyebrows for an instant lift. Dont forget to blend well!

2. Jazz it Up - You can intensify a too light foundation by mixing it with a bit of bronzer (either powder or gel). Or you can blend it with a darker shade of foundation to create your own customized foundation!

3. Power of Powder - If the shade is only slightly lighter, then you can consider layering a darker powder on top. Or just add a bit of bronzer as a finishing step, targeting the cheeks, nose, forehead and chin.

Let me know if you have any other fixes or whether these tips worked for you? Do share in the Comments below.

Love

D

9 comments:

Swati R said...

this is indeed very informative... I will try mixing the bronzer.. I bet every one must be having one such foundation... thanks for the tip :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Swati..ya do try mixing with a bronzer..it really works :)

Unknown said...

very informative post Dolon :)

Unknown said...

This is indeed buseful..I have a full bottle of a light shade fundi..wil try to use it accordingly..thanku for the tips

Unknown said...

Thanks Ray and Preetha...the bronzer trick works really well!

Unknown said...

Useful post.And i guess the darker shades can be used for contouring as well.

Shruti Dhingra Wahi said...

Very informative article :-)
I mix two foundations to
suit my skin tone :-)
shrutirasoi

Today's Recipe
Instant Amla Pickle (beauty therapy)

Unknown said...

Right Sudhaa..works really well

Unknown said...

Thanks Shruti :)..Ya I do that..the color comes out pretty well