Friday 28 September 2012

Some Beads and Baubles Shopping for Durga Puja

Durga Puja is less than a month away and I've got into shopping overdrive like everyone here in Kolkata. You just have to visit the malls and the markets during the weekend to know that Durga Puja fever has hit town. Everyone has atleast 5-6 shopping bags in their hands and buying as if there is no tomorrow (me included!). 

In this post, Ill share with you some jewelry that I've been hoarding for quite some time now to wear during those four days. Not that they match any particular outfit but I just bought them coz I found them pretty. I've bought them from exhibitions, online stores, regular stores and trips abroad. I won't really be able to tell you the prices coz I don't remember them but nothing here is very expensive. So here goes...



The gold and navy blue filigree earrings I bought from Uzbekistan. Yup, went there on a trip early this year and absolutely loved it. Let me know if you want to see pics of my trip and I''ll be very happy to share :). The turquoise and coral silver earrings is from Amrapali and the turquoise hoops are from an online store called Junk, based out of Kolkata. Do check out their website, thejunkindia.com. They have some fab stuff. The purple hoops are from Aldo accessories and the remaining are from a local exhibition.


This cuff I got from Tashkent. A young girl was selling loads of them in bright and beautiful colors for five dollars each.


These blingy bangles are from Khazana, Taj Bengal's in house boutique. They were surprisingly quite affordable at Rs 250 each.


The gold collar necklace is from faballey.com. Love that website for their shoes, bags and jewelry. The pendant with the turquoise drops is from Uzbekistan, the blue,brass and coral choker is from Junk, the mother of pearl pendant is from Bangkok  the silver necklace from an exhibition, the silver pendant with the green onyx from Pune, the crystal beads from where I can't remember and the neck piece with the blue and gold pendant from Fab India. 


Will share with you the clothes that I bought as well. Let me know what you think of my shopping :)

33 comments:

poorna banerjee said...

arent these turquoise things from The Junk?

poorna banerjee said...

Oh... wait... I just read the post. I feel slightly stupid now.

Poutpretty said...

Lol..hota hai...u a junk fan too?

Ruby Parmar said...

omg!!! i fell in love with the gold collar neckpiece...am checking out their site right nw.
Awesome jewellery collection :)

Shourima Ghosh said...

droool!!!!

Pooj@IBC said...

Awesome baubles, I totally love the stuff you hauled from Uzbekistan and Tashkent! Trip pics puhleez!

Poutpretty said...

Yaa..their bags are great as well. Grt site!

Poutpretty said...

:)))))

Poutpretty said...

Sure..will put them up now:)

Smita Singh said...

nice haul...of jewllery loved golden....neck piece :)

NiveditaRC said...

It's time you show off the dresses you bought for Pujo now... :D

Poutpretty said...

Pujo is only for sarees for me:))

All.things.pretty said...

Loved the gold collar necklace the most!

SweetAndBitterBlog said...

ohhh my my my...ur post should be renamed to Pujo is HERE!!!!! I LOVED the ones on the extreme right and left ones in the second pic.

Preethi Prasad said...

OMG..love..love..i want alll..awesome buys

poorna banerjee said...

owner is a friend, so even more so. I have a couple of things from them.

Dolon said...

Thanks Preethi :)

Dolon said...

Yaa.. Pujo is definitely here! Check out the facebook page of Junk if you like this type of jewelry. They are great!

Dolon said...

Tanya? I've met her a few times..I like their stuff too

poorna banerjee said...

yes, I got myself a few things, including this superb dress ring that I sport a lot.

Poutpretty said...

Grt. Me planning to get some more

NiveditaRC said...

Absolutely .. and it's the same for me as well. :)

Apoorva Writes said...

Loved the stuff...!! Totally... please share your tour pics dee :) Would love to see them :)

Dolon said...

Will do :)

Unknown said...

Awesome shopping Dolan..
Loved it..

Unknown said...

Awesome shopping Dolan..
Loved it..

Unknown said...

Awesome shopping Dolan..
Loved it..

Sneha Sen said...

loved them all..even I have been shopping with my mum like that(Kind of Shop till you drop situation):D
Puja shopping is so much fun

Dolon said...

Thanks Sneha..this time of the yr is the best!..no holds barred shopping :D

Jennifer (Indian Beauty Cafe) said...

nice shopping.... i am basically from kerala and it is almost any keralite's birthright to own a LOT of gold jewellry. so in my case too... though i just dont like it..... i dont know why we call these as junk jewellry...... i just love these so-called junk than any diamond or gold.... makes me look good and so reasonable too..... i have lost a earring or two from my gold pairs but never felt so sad as when I lost a (so-called junk) beaded earring of mine in a mall's trial room....... :)

Dolon said...

I'm totally with you girl. I can never have enough of silver and costume jewelry. They are more precious to me than the gold ones :)

Jennifer (Indian Beauty Cafe) said...

nice shopping.... i am basically from kerala and it is almost any keralite's birthright to own a LOT of gold jewellry. so in my case too... though i just dont like it..... i dont know why we call these as junk jewellry...... i just love these so-called junk than any diamond or gold.... makes me look good and so reasonable too..... i have lost a earring or two from my gold pairs but never felt so sad as when I lost a (so-called junk) beaded earring of mine in a mall's trial room....... :)

Dolon said...

I'm totally with you girl. I can never have enough of silver and costume jewelry. They are more precious to me than the gold ones :)