Tuesday 1 July 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick Frambourjoise (02) - Review, Swatches, FOTD

Dear Bourjois Paris, 


I visited your city early this month and took a look at the entire range of makeup that you sell out there. It took me nearly an hour to decide on what I wanted to come back with since half of your stuff is not available in India. At the end, I settled on the shade Frambourjoise (02) from the Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick range and the Volume 1 second waterproof mascara which I fell in love with after trying at the store. I regret not buying your cream eye shadows but I'm hoping I will get to see them here soon. 

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick Frambourjoise (02)

A sincere request from someone who loves your products. Can you please please launch the Velvet lipstick range ASAP here? It is by far one of the best matte liquid lipsticks I have used and I want to pick up the rest of the shades. I hate the awful plasticky smell that I get when I open the tube but I can live with it considering how awesome the texture and pigmentation of the lipstick is. Frambourjoise is a beautiful raspberry red and I receive numerous compliments whenever I wear this shade. I have forgotten the number of people who have asked about the brand and shade name. It reminds me a lot of MAC's Relentlessly Red and Frambourjoise could well be termed as the liquid version of RR with a little bit more red.


What I love most about the lipstick is that it just goes on and on and on. I have to use a makeup remover after 8 - 9 hours to get the color off my lips! You could have made them slightly moisturising because after a couple of hours the dryness shows up but thankfully it is nothing uncomfortable or something a quick swipe of lip balm can't fix. In short, I just love my Frambourjoise. I love the feel, the amazing pigmentation, the matte finish and the fact that once I put it on, I don't have to worry about reapplying for the next 8-9 hours. What I don't like is the smell and I really hope that you do something about it. 

Like me, a lot of lipstick addicts have been waiting for these to launch in India for a really long time. Hear our pleas and get them out please?

Sincerely

A matte lipstick addict and a recent Bourjois lover

P.S - A big thank you to your SA's at the Champs Elysees Monoprix store for giving me a complimentary pair of shades and a cute makeup pouch with my purchase. Can you also ask the SA's in India to do that please? Most of them are really stingy when it comes to handing out gifts!

Click the link to see swatches and my FOTD..








Do you love matte lipsticks? Which one is your favorite shade?

No comments: