Wednesday 2 July 2014

Skyscanner and I travel to Egypt

I must have been around eight yrs old when I first heard about a country named Egypt from my grandfather. He was a fantastic storyteller and every night before going to bed, he used to regale me with stories from different parts of the world. Through him I got to know about the Sphinx, the great pyramids, the pharaohs, the beautiful queen Cleopatra, the mummies and I used to wonder when I would get the chance to visit this magical place. That time has come and I'm all geared up to take my next vacation in Egypt this November. The  hitch is that I can spare only one lakh for the trip so I needed some solid help in planning. That's where Skyscanner.co.in swooped in like a knight in shining armor.



Have you guys checked out skyscanner? This website is just awesome folks! All that you need to do is enter your travel dates and they will immediately start scanning different airlines to bring the best deals. I entered my travel dates and in a matter of seconds, got 76 results! I always thought that a trip to Egypt would mean very high airfares but Skyscanner gave me a return airfare of Rs 46,187! This included two stops but since I wanted to spend most of my money on sight seeing, food, shopping etc, this was a great deal for me. 



Ok so airfare done. Next step was to check out hotel rates and skyscanner did that effortlessly as well. All that I did was click on the 'Need a hotel in Cairo' link and I got the rates of 170 hotels from different hotel booking websites displayed in front of me.  From hostels to uber luxury hotels, everything was right there. I'm definitely not a staying in a hostel type of person so my requirement was a decent and safe place for a woman traveller.  I settled for Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa, a five star hotel very close to the Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx. And can you guess the rate I got for 7 nights at a 5 star hotel? Rs 24,924! This was offered by booking.com and I was told that I had saved around Rs 6000 on the deal. So adding up the airfare and hotel rate, the total came up to Rs 71,111 which is definitely a steal. I've managed to save a pretty good amount of money and that's gonna be spent on discovering as much as I can of my dream destination.



Thanks Skyscanner for making my travel planning so easy and hassle-free. Egypt, here I come!


This post is a part of Skyscanner travel wizard activity at BlogAdda.com

No comments: