Monday 9 July 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Fuchsia - Review, Swatch, Pics

Do you have phases where you love one color so much that you keep buying everything of that? Well, I am now in that phase and my color of obsession? What else but Fuchsia!!!...Think I'm living in Fuchsia land right now. From dresses to shoes to bags to lipsticks to even phone covers. All of these that I've bought recently are in Fuchsia. Its like no other color exists for me nowadays. And you wanna know how this obsession started? It all started after I got hold of the Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Fuchsia. One swipe of the beauty on my lips and I was hooked! What an awesome awesome color!







The Revlon Colorburst lipsticks are by far one of the best lipsticks around and I'm sure everyone has at least one in their collection. Whats not to love about them? The price is decent at Rs 610 (some websites still sell them at Rs 580), the packaging is pretty chic, the pigmentation is great, its really moisturizing, the staying power is quite high and there are some great shades available in the range to suit all skin tones. 





Out of all the Colorburst shades, Fuchsia to me is the queen. It looks really bright in the tube but believe me girls, on the lips its not that scary. It glides on real smooth to give you beautiful hot pink lips that will immediately brighten up your complexion. If you feel the color is too loud, you can always wear it as a stain for a subtle wash of color. But I like to go full on! 

In a nutshell, here's what I love about this lippie:
  • Easy to glide on
  • Glossy finish so lips look really full
  • High-impact color. One swipe is enough for a burst of rich fuchsia
  • Zero bleeding despite being such a dark color
  • Keeps my lips well hydrated for a long time. I don't need to wear a lip balm before applying the lipstick
  • Stays on for nearly 4-5 hours and does not stain that much
  • The packaging is really great. Very Chanel-esque!
  • No weird plasticky smell
  • Can be worn on all skintones
Like the color? What's your favorite Colorburst shade? Do share and put in yr comments below.

Love

D

18 comments:

Unknown said...

hot shade n suits ur lips

Gwen@Makeup Toys said...

Lovely Pink! Reminds me of 1 of the Fuchsia that Chanel use to have in the Rouge Allure range!

Unknown said...

Thanks dear. I just looove this shade:))

Unknown said...

This is a lovely shade Gwen..And I love the finish!

Unknown said...

I have it too..and totally love it :)

Unknown said...

It looks lovely on you...I love the colorburst lipstick..me eyeing the rosy nude right now.. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Sophia...Rosy Nude is next on my list just hope it doesn't wash me out!

Anonymous said...

Cute shade..
wanna follow u..can i ask u to follow me back...

Unknown said...

Sure dear:))

Unknown said...

Hi Apoorva..can you share your blog's link?

Aparajita said...

that is such a beautiful color...perfect to brighten your mood on a dull cloudy day...
I am definitely gonna try it...

Unknown said...

It really is a beautiful color Aparajita..Im sure you will like it:)

Zara said...

Super sexy shade dol! I always try t wear such shades but never get up d us!kudos to u babe!

Unknown said...

I looove these shades!

Zee Bee said...

Fuschias are such fun color na ! looks great in the tubes and palms and fingers but the moment you put it on lips it attracts more attention than any other color ...not even reds ! I am sacred to wear fuschia !
http://twaddledee.blogspot.in/

Unknown said...

I love fuchsias!!!!...and for me the brighter the better :)))....Maybe you can start wearing it as a stain and then build up intensity if you're apprehensive

Unknown said...

don't think it suits me much!! but then looking at swatches i might give it a try *.*
lovely blog you have....

www.lipglossaffairs.blogspot.in

Unknown said...

Thanks Sangy for appreciating:)...this is a great color. Not that scary on the lips:)