Tuesday 19 November 2013

Lakme Absolute Creme Lipstick Caramel Kiss - Review, Swatch

Finding that perfect nude lipstick is not an easy job and I know many of you will agree with me on this. I've been at it for years and while many shades have come and gone, nothing really made me shout out and say Yes! I have finally found the one! But that changed after I came across the shade Caramel Kiss from Lakme's Absolute Creme lipstick range. One swipe across the lips and I was in love!

Lakme Absolute Creme Lipstick Caramel Kiss

The Absolute Creme lipsticks were launched recently and these are amazingly good. The packaging is very sleek, the texture is smooth and just glides on the lips, is very well pigmented, light weight, lasts for nearly three hours on me, gives a semi-matte finish and is mildly hydrating. 


Caramel Kiss is a brilliant nude color and just perfect for the Indian skin tone. This is all brown but what I love is that it's got the correct balance of not being too light or too dark. Nude lipsticks have that quality of either making one look like a ghost or extremely dull, boring and aged. Caramel Kiss does not do either. Whether you are very fair or very dark, this color will look equally good.  It looks specially good when paired with smokey eyes and I've used it in my "Easy Smokey Eyes and Nude Lips Tutorial" video. You can actually pair it with anything and wear the color safely both during the day and night. I know I'm going on and on about how good the lipstick is but then it really is!


Lakme Absolute Creme Lipstick Caramel Kiss Swatch

And this is how i look wearing Caramel Kiss..


Caramel Kiss is priced at Rs 600 and available everywhere. I would have been happier if it was around Rs 500 but then it still is pretty reasonable. What I don't like is the strong caramel scent of the lipstick and the fact that it does not last beyond three hours. Apart from these cons, it's total love! Do check it out if you've been looking for that perfect nude lipstick 

What is your favorite nude lipstick? Do share in the comments below.

No comments: