Sunday 7 October 2012

The Nature's Co Sandalwood Body Wash - Review

Give me any bath product that smells of rose, chocolate, vanilla, jasmine and sandalwood and I'm 80% sold at the first whiff. These are my favorite scents in the whole wide world and somehow I always end up buying products that have either one of these. I've bought so many duds in the past only for the smell! The Nature's Co Sandalwood Body Wash though is definitely not a dud. It's one of the brand's bestsellers. I've been using this for the last three days now and loving it.



Here's what Nature's Co has to say about the product:

Get a bath treat with the unique, woody aroma of Sandalwood. It purifies and hydrates ageing, dry or flaky skin and its astringent action balances oily skin conditions. It’s even recommended for calming and relaxing the body and mind. This heavenly cleansing body wash lathers up in the bath or shower.

I don't have ageing skin but it definitely becomes quite dry at this time of the year so the product came to me for review at a very appropriate time. 

In terms of packaging, its nothing very fancy. A very simple transparent plastic squarish bottle with a flip top cap (which is too tight btw). I quite like how the bottle looks. You can see what the product looks like and also read clearly the description and the list of ingredients.




What makes this product awesome is what will hit you when you open the flip top cap. The red sandalwood smell is divine! It's so fresh and soothing. Whenever I smell this (and it's many times during the day!), I feel like I've been transported to a spa and I'm being pampered no end. I was quite skeptical when I read the lines "it's even recommended for calming and relaxing the body and mind". How can a body wash do that?? I now know that it really can! Just open the lid and take a whiff! What is also great is that there is nothing artificial about the smell. Take a paste of red sandalwood and compare it with the smell of this body wash and you will see how similar both are.

This is a gel body wash and the consistency is mildly runny. I use a loofah in the shower and need only a small amount to get considerable lather. I'm already sold on the smell. What I love next is the effect on my skin. The body wash is very mild and not at all drying. I've mentioned that at this time of the year my skin starts to become dry and stretchy so I need to apply a body lotion after a shower. I've not been doing that ever since I started using this body wash. My skin feels soft, hydrated and so smooth. My only gripe is that the smell does not linger on the body for more than 1-2 hours after the shower. Would have loved a longer wear time. 



In a nutshell, here's what I think of The Nature's Co Sandalwood Body Wash

Pro's
  • Simple and sturdy packaging making it travel friendly
  • Divine smell
  • Made with natural ingredients
  • Cruelty free
  • Lathers well enough
  • Does not dry out skin. Perfect for dry-skin beauties
Cons
  • Expensive for a body wash at Rs 595 (250 ml)
  • Smell does not last on the body for more than a couple of hrs

If you are looking for a mild body wash, which smells great and does not dry out skin, try this one out. It's absolutely lovely!

Product sent by brand. Review 100% mine.

13 comments:

coralcrue said...

I love most things sandalwood! this looks nice but expensive :)

Ruby Parmar said...

Nice review.....I wud love to try the products frm The Nature's Co.

LoveT. said...

Love the Scent of Sandalwood! Sound like a great Product!
follow new ,mind follow back please? :)

kisses

DrSukanya@FewUnnecessaryStuff said...

i had used the lemongrass from this ... sandalwood is on my wish list since then ! smells divine truly ! :)

Poutpretty said...

I totally agree! I've not tried the lemongrass one..is it good?

Poutpretty said...

Followed you back dear:)

Poutpretty said...

They have great products Ruby..you can buy online from their website

Poutpretty said...

I agree..595 is a bit too much for a body wash but the experience is so luxurious!

Jennifer (Indian Beauty Cafe) said...

even i love sandalwood but its pricey.... very well written dolon... :)

Dolon said...

Thanks Jen :)...it really is good but agree on the pricey part

Indian Lacquerade said...

Super review. Can this be bought online?

Poutpretty said...

Yep..chk out their website. U can order from there

Unknown said...

Very nice review