Monday 18 November 2013

Easy Black Smokey Eyes and Nude Lips - My First Video Makeup Tutorial!

Like many of you, I'm addicted to watching makeup tutorials on YouTube. Before I hit the sack at night, I religiously watch the latest videos from my favorite beauty gurus and learn so much from them everyday. I had also harbored hopes of being a YouTube beauty guru someday and thanks to the wonderful Be Beautiful team who encouraged us to take those first steps, here I am with my first ever Vlog!!

Even though I'm getting all excited, I do know that I have to learn and improve so much. Got to work on lighting, learn about various camera angles, editing etc etc. Those who have seen the video have told me that the instructions were over too fast so they could not read it properly so gotta take care of that too in the next one. Lots to learn but I have given it my best and honest shot in my first ever video and hopefully you will ignore the mistakes and give me a lot of encouragement and support :).

I've done super easy smokey eyes and paired them with nude lips - a classic combination. Smokey eyes is by far the most popular eye makeup look and it really does not have to be very complex. You do not need plenty of products or be very deft at eye makeup. All you need is a good kajal/kohl, a single eye shadow color, pencil brush/smudger/Qtip and a mascara. Here's what I used for my face, eyes and lips:

1. Lakme CC cream Bronze
2. Lakme Mattreal Mousse foundation Golden Medium
3. Lakme Pure Radiance compact Golden Medium
4. Lakme Absolute Cheek Chromatic Baked Blush Day Blushes
5. Lakme eye shadow quartet Desert Rose (used the 4th color - a shimmery bronzey golden one)
6. Lakme Eyeconic kajal and mascara
7. Lakme Absolute Creme lipstick Caramel Kiss.

And here's what I did:

1. Applied the CC cream on the face and neck with fingers and blended well
2. Used the mousse foundation as a concealer under the eyes and as a primer on the lids.
3. Dusted face with the compact to set the base makeup
4. Applied the bronzey golden color from the Desert Rose palette all over the lids and lower lash line
5. Lined upper lash line with a thick line of the Eyeconic kajal and then smudged with the pencil brush. Lined waterline with what's left in the pencil brush. Make sure to use a light hand while smudging and don't over do it.
6. Took the same eye shadow and applied it once again on top of the smudged kajal. Do not apply the shadow all over the lids but only on the top lid from where the smudged kajal fades away to the crease. Blend both well.
7. Lined upper and lower lash line with the kajal
8. Applied two coats of the Eyeconic mascara to the top and bottom lashes
9. Applied the blush on the cheeks
10. Finished off the look with the lipstick



Do give me your feedback in the comments below. Let me know what you liked or did not like or what I could have done better. If you want me to do any look write that down as well. But before doing all that, do subscribe to my YouTube channel and give the video a thumbs up pleasseee :D..

Thank you for watching!

No comments: