Tuesday 22 January 2013

MAC Lipstick Diva - Review, Swatches

This post has been in my draft folder for so long dunno why I've never finished and posted it! No worries, here I am today bringing you a review of one of my favorite lipsticks from MAC, the shade Diva. Before starting off with the review, I'd like to thank Appu of IDiva from the bottom of my heart coz if it weren't for her, I would have never got this. The MAC store in Kolkata never has this in stock and I was getting so frustrated that I reached out to my Fb friends asking if anyone would help me in getting it. Appu being the sweetheart that she is bought it from Hyderabad and mailed it to me. Thanks so much hun..U rock!


I've always steered clear of any lipstick that even remotely has anything to do with the color maroon. Why? Because I'm tired of seeing it! My mom has always used maroon on her lips and I made up my mind that it's a color I'm gonna stay away from. That's till I met Diva! And she literally blew me away with her sexiness..

The lipstick comes in the standard black bullet packaging and the faint vanilla smell. The color is simply gorgeous and is perfect for the Indian skin tone, more so if its above NC 40. Its a dark burgundy/maroon with a matte finish, super pigmented and goes opaque in only one swipe.



Even though the texture is matte, it goes on quite creamy and does not feel uncomfortable. Since its a matte, it will be drying but not as drying as to make the lips look starving for moisture! A lip balm before applying should sort it out unless you really have dry lips. If you do, you will need to reapply the balm on top after a while.

The staying power is fantastic and lasts easily for about 5 hours on me. No issue with transfer or fading either. 



Honestly, there's really nothing that I don't like about this lipstick. It makes me look all sexy and sassy and I love the overall quality. Even though it's a personal choice, I would not recommend this shade for very young girls coz it will make them look older. But if you are in yr mid-late twenties and above, get it. I've paired the lipstick both with neutral and smokey eyes and it looks fantastic with both. Personally, I feel this goes best with black. Smoking hot combo!

Just get Diva and look like one!

MAC lipsticks are priced at Rs 990.

Have you tried Diva?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The name of the shade is very apt...it is truely Diva-esque. I'm quite sure this is what Deepika was wearing at the Zee Cine Awards.

Unknown said...

Very pretty shade

Anonymous said...

Wonderful report in addition to to the point. I am not sure if this describes the truth
is the best place to ask however do you people have virtually any just
what it where you get quite a few professional writers?
Appreciate it beforehand.
my web site: Gracen1Qf.Blogspot.Com