Thursday 4 October 2012

I was Featured on Apun Ka Fry!

Hey Pretties

A couple of weeks back, I was featured on pepperfry.com's blog, Apun Ka Fry. I did post the link on my facebook page but missed out on mentioning on my blog so here I am with the interview. It was great fun answering all the questions and I'm gonna be very honest in saying that I absolutely loved being featured! 

Here is an excerpt of the post for you..
You might have read and enjoyed her articles on our blog on what to gift your man or how to get flawless skin, but one thing is for sure; Dolon knows how to turn anything from dull to fab. And when in doubt, her weapon of choice is a red lipstick. After all, she does run her own beauty blog called Pout Pretty where she doles out advice on beauty products, what to buy and what to avoid.  In our exclusive conversation with her, she revealed some of her beauty and style tricks especially for you.
 1.      Tell us a bit about yourself. How did you become a beauty blogger?
I am a Service Management professional in Kolkata currently working in an international bank. When I’m not working, I’m writing articles on makeup and beauty for my blog Pout Pretty. Honestly, I never really thought that I would be a beauty blogger even say six months back.  I've always been a huge beauty and make-up enthusiast, but felt that maintaining a blog would just be too much of an effort. But then I started reading a lot of blogs and thought why not give it a try and see how it goes? That’s basically how Pout Pretty started – at 3.00 am in the morning after a long, hard day at work! It was an impulsive decision but something I’m really happy to have taken.
 2.     What’s your inspiration behind creating poutpretty?
To connect with like-minded people who share the same passion for make-up and beauty as I do.
 3.     Would you consider blogging a full time profession? What advice would you like to people who would like to do, what you do?
As much as I would like to be a full-time blogger, I don’t see that happening in India very soon. Blogging is still in its early stage of recognition as an alternative profession and will take quite some time to develop. Till that time, enjoy blogging!
4.      What’s the best beauty advice you ever received? 
When in doubt, wear red lipstick! Works for me every time!
5.      As beauty writer, if you had to give one most crucial tip to your readers, what would it be?
Less is more. Wearing too much make-up causes early aging of the skin. It applies to skincare as well. When you use a lot of products, the combination of irritants and fragrances can do you more harm than good.
6.      If you had to invest in one crucial beauty item, what would it be? And why?
A good concealer; It’s the quickest and easiest way to get a flawless skin.
7.  Lastly, accessories versus makeup. What would you choose?
Oh my that’s a tough one! If I really had to choose one, would go for make-up because it makes me look and feel good, confident and allows me to be creative.
 So what do you think? I now tag you to answer questions 1,4,5 and 6. Do share in the comments below. Would love to know!

11 comments:

seraphicgirl said...

Congratulations Sweet heart. Smart answers I must say :)

Pam said...

Thanks for the sweet message on my blog. I'm your newest follower, can't wait to see your future posts. xox

coralcrue said...

great tip Dolon, Less is definitely more!

Dolon said...

I always believe in that :)

Dolon said...

Thanks Pam for the visit :)

Dolon said...

Thanks girl :)

Shilpa said...

Congrats Dolon. Nice interview!


my recent post: http://ourexternalworld.blogspot.in/2012/10/how-to-wax-your-upper-lips-at-home.html

Indian Lacquerade said...

Liked knowing more about you :)

Poutpretty said...

Thanks dear :)

Poutpretty said...

Thanks sweetie:)

Indian Lacquerade said...

Liked knowing more about you :)