Friday 5 October 2012

Revlon Cha Cha Cherry Super Lustrous Frost Lipstick - Review, Swatch

I'm going through a Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick obsession phase right now so that explains the back to back reviews. In my last post, I showcased a classic - Cherries in the snow. In this post, I'll review another popular shade, Cha Cha Cherry.



There are a couple of things that I cannot fathom about this lipstick. First, why did Revlon name this Cha Cha Cherry when there is absolutely nothing cherry about it and second, why is it labelled a frost? I did not even see a hint of frost in the lipstick. In fact, the finish and texture is the same as the Creme ones.



The packaging of the lipstick is the usual black and gold case with the clear top. The color is kinda hard to pinpoint though. It's a blend of red, pink and coral..like a deep carrot color. Looks quite bright inside the tube but believe me, it's very wearable and something that all skin tones can pull off. The smell is a bit weird though, similar to a candle (thanks Pooja for pointing this out. How did I miss this one!) but if you are willing to ignore the mini-attack to your olfactory nerves, do give this shade a try. It's absolutely gorgeous!

The texture of the lipstick is smooth and there is no unevenness on application. As with the other lipsticks of this range, Cha Cha Cherry is superbly pigmented and one swipe is enough for a burst of rich color on the lips. The finish is semi glossy and I love how plumped up and 'juicy' my lips look when i put this on. In terms of longevity, I get around 4-5 hrs of weartime and it leaves a nice pink stain after fading away. I've not faced any problem with dryness after applying the lipstick. There is no bleeding either.




Why do I recommend this shade?
  • Gorgeous color. A perfect balance between pink,red and coral suitable for all skin tones. If you are afraid of wearing red, go ahead and start with this. 
  • Formula is moisturising and creamy
  • Highly pigmented
  • Leaves lips glossy and plumped up
  • Reasonable price (Rs 550)

The only con is the waxy smell. However, I've chosen to ignore it for the all the other pros. 

Have you tried Cha Cha Cherry? Which one is yr fav in the super lustrous range?

21 comments:

Lancy said...

That's a delicious shade Dolon! well reviewed.

Dolon said...

Thanks Lancy :)

Ash said...

cherries in the snow and this one...they seem kind of similar. Which is a better shade according to you?

Niesha said...

amazing texture and color:)

Poutpretty said...

They are actually quite different. Cherries is a bright fuchsia pink/red and Cha Cha is a bright reddish coral. Unfortunately the sunlight makes both look pretty similar:(...i love both equally!

BookishTimes said...

Followed Back :D Hope you visit soon x x


www.bookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk

poorna banerjee said...

I know about the lipsticky smell. I have one of these too... will be putting up a review of it shortly.

Poutpretty said...

I lovee the color!

Poutpretty said...

Waiting to read about it :)

Poutpretty said...

I'm your new follower :)

Parul Solanki said...

I love these kind of colors...lovely finish too

poorna banerjee said...

Amazing.

Sudhaa Gopinath said...

Yummy shade!!! Want to eat it up :)

Poutpretty said...

Lol...I agree..it sure looks delicious!

BookishTimes said...

Followed Back :D Hope you visit soon x x


www.bookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk

poorna banerjee said...

I know about the lipsticky smell. I have one of these too... will be putting up a review of it shortly.

Niesha said...

amazing texture and color:)

Poutpretty said...

They are actually quite different. Cherries is a bright fuchsia pink/red and Cha Cha is a bright reddish coral. Unfortunately the sunlight makes both look pretty similar:(...i love both equally!

Ash said...

cherries in the snow and this one...they seem kind of similar. Which is a better shade according to you?

Lancy said...

That's a delicious shade Dolon! well reviewed.

Dolon said...

Thanks Lancy :)