Wednesday 3 October 2012

Maybelline Baby Lips Coral Flush - Review, Swatch

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm has taken the Indian beauty market by storm ever since its launch a couple of weeks back and I too jumped in the bandwagon. Who does not want baby lips right? So I went ahead and bought myself the balm in shade Coral Flush.





The first time I saw these in Shoppers Stop, honestly I was very disappointed.

1. I was expecting the US packaging of the glass/plastic tube but what Maybelline has launched in India is just like any other twist up lip balm from any other brand. Only the colors and the lettering are the same.

2. I was expecting a lot more color than what they have. On me, coral flush is a very light wash of orange. Definitely more shine than color.

Despite my initial disappointment, I still went ahead and bought one to see if it really lives up to its claims of giving  visibly renewed lips and 6 hr hydration. I was skeptical in the beginning but after wearing this non stop for 5 days now, I'm a fan!. In a nutshell, here's why I think everyone should try one of the Baby lips lip balm:

  • Love the mild fruity fragrance and that it has no synthetic taste
  • They are very moisturising. I swipe them on my lips before retiring for the night and I really wake up to 'baby lips'
  • Very very smooth to apply
  • Weightless and do not feel heavy on the lips
  • Not waxy or thick
  • Have SPF 16
  • Great substitute for lip gloss. Does add shine 
  • Affordable at Rs 150

I only wish these had a bit more color. Unless, I swipe it on 4-5 times, I don't get to see the orange. On very pigmented lips, the color will probably not show up at all.

Here's the swatch:




 I'm loving this lip balm and I'm definitely picking up one more in the shade Cherry Kiss. Have you tried any of these? Which one is your fav?


20 comments:

Shourima Ghosh said...

lovelyyyy.. m too gettin the same flavor!

Ritu said...

i have anti-oxidant berry, and its a clear balm... for some reason, i like clear balms... nice review:)

Dolon said...

Ya..i read your review :)...I like balms with a little color though. Loving how smooth these are!

Dolon said...

Great..Cherry Kiss is quite pretty too :)

Preetha Karthik said...

nice review dolon..me lov baby lips too

Lancy said...

Great review Dolon :D

Harman said...

I dont think I ll buy these. I love lip balms for their colour and the packaging is a disappointment! :(

Kassia Karr said...

Thanks for the review! Would love to see it on your lips though - I saw it in stores the other day and held off on buying it as I wasn't sure how much the color would actually show up on my mouth!

Poutpretty said...

On you it might show up as a sheer orange..definitely more than me:))...despite the lack of color , the effect on my lips is grt. Definitely feels soft and hydrated. Worth trying out one!

Jennifer (Indian Beauty Cafe) said...

do they get absorbed or do they just sit on lips like a gloss? coz thats the feeling i got when i checked them out on sunday...

Poutpretty said...

Nope. They get absorbed after a while and leaves lips all soft and moisturised. The finish is semi glossy

Indian Lacquerade said...

Cool review. Now I can go and get one :)

Poutpretty said...

Let me know how you like it :)

poorna banerjee said...

i have bought two and eyeing a third one. :D

Poutpretty said...

excellent! I got Cherry Kiss too

Magali said...

Thanks for the great review! I just got a hold of anti oxidant berry (care) & cherry kiss (color) & I'm going to use & review them soon myself.
style.magalic.com

Dolon said...

Hey Magali thanks for dropping by..I bought Cherry Kiss too..pretty good but was expecting more of the red tint

Indian Lacquerade said...

Cool review. Now I can go and get one :)

Poutpretty said...

Nope. They get absorbed after a while and leaves lips all soft and moisturised. The finish is semi glossy

Jennifer (Indian Beauty Cafe) said...

do they get absorbed or do they just sit on lips like a gloss? coz thats the feeling i got when i checked them out on sunday...