Sunday 3 August 2014

My #WhatTheBlack Experience and the Reveal

Thank you Blogadda for giving me an opportunity to live one of my most cherished dreams. For someone who has grown up on a substantial doze of Enid Blyton, Carolyn Keene, Ruth Rendell,  Agatha Christie, Satyajit Ray, Sharadindu Bandopadhyay and many others, solving a mystery or atleast attempting to solve one has been number 1 on her list of things to do before dying. And I have managed to strike that off my list thanks to you and #WhatTheBlack! 



You all have probably read my tweets and facebook posts where I was updating you on the #WhatTheBlack activity and the clues that were sent out each day. Kudos to the team for coming up with such an excellent promotional campaign and managing to keep us all engaged for those 4 days, even my family members :D. My mum would wait eagerly for the clues to arrive and if it came when I wasn't at home, she would call me and excitedly share what's inside the package. 





First day's clue was a black egg and it took me nearly 15-20 mins to figure out that there was chocolate inside. I thought that the product would be something edible perhaps but not related to chocolate as that would make it too obvious. Racked my brains but could not come up with anything so eagerly waited for next day's clue. And it arrived in the form of a black newspaper with the name What The Black Times! My theory of something edible flew out of the window and I was focusing on a product related to reading so maybe something technology related. Then it struck me that these guys were sending things that are traditionally white in color like egg and newspaper so the product was probably something that has always been white but coming out in a new black avatar. Again, racked my brains to think of what that thing could be but no luck again. Day 3's clue came in the form of a black cup and a black tissue paper and I again went back to my 'something edible' theory and figured that it is probably the new Bourbon Black biscuit, something which my friend Poorna also hinted at. So chocolate biscuit that you eat while drinking the morning tea/coffee out of the cup and reading the newspaper. I was pretty much sure and feeling quite proud of my logical capabilities. Then the actual product came in and I was stumped. No biscuit, nothing related to reading but a toothbrush! The new Colgate Slimsoft Charcoal toothbrush with black charcoal infused bristles! 



Well, I might not have been successful in solving the mystery of #WhatTheBlack but atleast I was right in deducing that it would be something that has traditionally always been white. Thanks Blogadda for shortlisting my name for this super fun activity. I really had a great time over those four days and I look forward to many more such opportunities in the future. Oh and the toothbrush is quite nice. Dunno about the other properties but the bristles are really soft yet sturdy. 

Did you guys think the final product would be a toothbrush?? What were you expecting? Do share in the comments below.

No comments: