Wednesday 2 April 2014

The Body Shop White Musk Smoky Rose Fragrance Mist - Review


So dear ladies how is summer treating you? Enjoying the blast of hot air ? :D. As much as I love summer, I was not expecting this severe heat wave so soon in Kolkata. The temperature touched 39 degrees on Friday and can you believe that we were even hotter than Dubai!! God knows what lies ahead but these months I'm so glad that I don't have to go out of my house before 5.00 pm. No love for you night shift but in summer you do make my life slightly better!

At this time of the year, I stay away from Eau De Parfums specially during the day and prefer the perfume mists. In Singapore, I bought about 4 Victoria Secret mists so I definitely did not need more but The Body Shop's latest launch was too delightful to miss. Talking about my latest favorite, Body Shop's White Musk Smoky Rose fragrance mist spray.



The White Musk Smoky Rose range includes five products - Bath and Shower Gel, Body Lotion, Fragrance Mist Spray, Eau De Parfum and Eau De Toilette. This is how the Body Shop describes the intoxicating scent.


The bold new addition to our iconic cruelty-free White Musk range, White Musk Smoky Rose is a tantalizing floriental fragrance. This darkly seductive scent opens with an elegant fusion of bergamot, pink pepper and blackcurrant before rising to a floral-musky heart. Here, a beguiling bouquet of bitter-sweet tobacco flower and a unique black smoky rose accord is tempered by delicate orange flower. This melts into a sophisticated blend of cruelty-free sensual musk, immortelle flower and olibanum to create a daring fragrance like no other. 


I am no perfume expert so cant really go into the details of top, middle and base note but I can say that if you like musky intense fragrances, this is worth checking out. The mist is definitely a lighter version of the perfume so you can wear it pretty much anytime of the day. The perfume is slightly more intense and maybe better suited for the evening. There is a deep smoky, spicy sweetness to it and I like that it's not overpowering. Fragrance mists in any case do not last for long and neither does this one. I get about a couple of hours but I really like the smell on me.

Check it out if you are looking for a light fragrance for summer that's different from the usual floral and fruity scents. The fragrance mist is priced at Rs 1195 and available at The Body Shop outlets and online store.

No comments: