Monday 3 March 2014

Swatches of Indie Flick, Angel and Natural NYX Matte Lipsticks

Out of all lipstick finishes, matte is my favorite and whenever I hear of any brand bringing out a matte range, my interest level invariably goes up quite a few notches. Case in point, the new Nyx Matte Lipstick range. I wanted to try these out and when I spotted them at Singapore's Sephora, did not hesitate to pick up three of them. There, these lipsticks are priced at 13 SGD which is around Rs 650. 

From L-R - Indie Flick, Angel, Natural


The Nyx mattes are available in 22 shades and they have some beautiful and bright reds, oranges, pinks, corals and neutrals. I consciously stayed away from the pure reds and pinks so picked up a bright orangey red - Indie Flick, one pinkish nude - Natural and one pinkish coral  - Angel. Nyx says that these are 'highly pigmented, richly formulated lipsticks that glide on smoothly, stay put and impart a non-glossy, high-fashion matte finish as they envelop lips in brilliant color'. I agree with everything except that these are not really pure mattes at least the ones I picked up are not. The texture is quite creamy and they have a hint of sheen on the lips. On the lips, the colors come across much brighter, rather neon-ish than what they look like inside the tube so be careful when buying them. A muted shade might not exactly look very muted on the lips! In terms of wear time, I get about 4-5 hours if I don't eat anything. Else, I get about three. 


Out of the three lipsticks I bought, Indie Flick is my favorite because the color is bright and very me. But even i need to tone it down slightly else it just looks too stark. Natural honestly I should not have bought. It washes me out and I will need to wear it on top of a lip pencil or mix it with another shade. Angel is very pretty and bright. Excellent if you have a fair complexion. For those with a darker skin tone, a bit of work is needed to make it look good. 

Angel NYX Matte Lipstick

Indie Flick NYX Matte Lipstick

Natural NYX Matte Lipstick

Which shade did you like the most? Do share in the comments below.

No comments: