Saturday 1 March 2014

Hosting an Afternoon with Kiehl's

A few days back I read somewhere that out of all the months, February is always the happiest and I can definitely vouch for that in 2014! Feb was a month of many firsts for me. It was the first time I hosted an event in collaboration with a brand, visited a vineyard and also got invited to a fashion week. Want to know how the hosting an event part transpired? Then read on J


Leading international skincare brand Kiehl’s opened their first store at Kolkata’s Quest Mall a couple of months back and I was contacted by them to host ‘An Afternoon with Kiehl’s', a two hour long event which would give people an opportunity to know more about the brand and their various products. They did not want the event to only target bloggers so I had to make sure that I invited people from all backgrounds and age groups. I had never done something like this before so along with a lot of excitement, there was also quite a bit of nervousness and apprehension. Planning involved deciding on the guest list, creating a formal invite, talking to the Kiehl’s brand manager on the activities for the day, contents of the goody bag, food etc etc. And I must say that Kiehl’s was an excellent partner. The people I spoke to were so friendly, helpful and professional and they took care of everything. For me, deciding on the guest list was the tough part. I wanted it to be a mixed crowd of bloggers and beauty enthusiasts so I invited my friends, fellow bloggers and also my mum and aunt. Basically 14 people who I knew would be interested in skincare and knowing about Kiehl's


The event was held on 15th February and those two hours were so much fun. The Kiehl’s staff at the store took excellent care of everyone. They listened to all queries, gave skincare consultations, recommended products based on skin type, made sure we were all well fed with snacks and cupcakes and patiently handled a group of beauty bloggers who were crazily clicking away. Every guest was handed a goody bag which contained a 75 ml Kiehl’s Ultra Facial cleanser and generous samples of other products.

Introducing Kiehl's

Shirin, the store manager taking charge

My aunt to the left and mum to the right

Shikha, me with the 'Dhai Kilo Ka Haath' and Pranaadhika

So that’s the story of my ‘Afternoon with Kiehl’s and I hope I’ll get to host many more such afternoons in future. A big thanks to Sowmya, Zoya and Shirin from Kiehl’s and to all my friends and well-wishers who turned up on the 15th to support me. Honestly can’t thank you guys enough <3

Here are some more pics of the event…

Tamia in the background. Nivedita and Poorna giving their best smile for the cam

Wonder what caught Nivedita's attention. That's Shikha next to her

Poorna is clearly very happy. Sharmishta posing like a model. Bidisha is just happy.

A girl's gotta have her lipstick intact always!

Ooops you just caught me eating my 6th cupcake! :D

Shikha giving her 'Can we get over with the posing now' look. Poorna and Pranaadhika are much more co-operative

Shayoni is clearly not happy about something. 

The Good Girl Look 

The very popular Mr Bones

Happy Bunch. Sreenanda added to the frame

No comments: