Sunday 30 March 2014

MAC Limited Edition Pleasure Bomb Lipstick - Review, Swatches & How to Create a Dupe


This post is dedicated to the gorgeous and super sweet Shivani of Shivani's Beauty Blog without whom this lipstick would have remained a distant dream. Pleasure Bomb released with the MAC RiRi Hearts Holiday Collection and this was the only thing that I desperately wanted from the collection. Unfortunately and God only knows why, MAC did not get this color to India so as expected there was disappointment all around. I had lost all hope till one fine day, Shivani extends her helping hand and offers to get a few from her seller. I also have to thank Samannita for letting me know of it asap and I was the first one to place the order. A couple of weeks later, the lipstick is delivered to my house and it very soon replaced Party Parrot as my all time favorite lip color!




MAC Pleasure Bomb lipstick is described as “matte fuchsia [with a Matte finish].” It is a very bright and vibrant fuchsia with red undertones and looks absolutely stunning on the lips. I had worn the color to work on Holi and by the end of the day, I lost count of the number of women who came up to me and asked what shade I was wearing. The pigmentation of the lipstick is amazing and you just need one swipe for it to go opaque. Even though its a matte finish, the lipstick goes on very smooth and creamy but after say five or six hours it starts to feel a bit drying. This lipstick also stays on and on and on till you remove it. And even when you do, you will need a makeup remover to get it off. Plain water will not work at all.


Pleasure Bomb is a Limited Edition so you won't find it anywhere except maybe Ebay but you will have to pay a bomb to get it. MAC's other cult favorite Impassioned is pretty close to this color. I was experimenting with a couple of shades and mixed Russian Red and Candy Yum Yum and the end result looked very similar to Pleasure Bomb. In fact, if you mix any neon pink and a Russian Red like red lipstick, I think you can get a pretty close dupe of Pleasure Bomb. 

Swatch of MAC Pleasure Bomb Lipstick
Top - MAC Candy Yum Yum + Russian Red
Bottom - MAC Pleasure Bomb
This is how I look wearing it
I honestly can't come up with any cons of this shade. Its absolutely beautiful and one color that I'm wearing quite frequently. Thank you Shivani for bringing it to me. Love ya gal!

No comments: