Tuesday 10 December 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips Color Bright Collection Neon Rose - Review, Swatch

When you see the word neon what do you think? That its going to be a really bright color right? Well, that's what I thought as well when I picked up the new Maybelline Baby Lips Brights lip balm in the shade Neon Rose. I was ecstatic when I first came across the image of the package at nykaa.com. Baby Lips is one of my favorite lip balms and a neon pink color in it was just irresistible. I did not bother checking out the swatches online and just went ahead and ordered it for Rs 150.

Maybelline Baby Lips Color Bright Collection Neon Rose

The Baby Lips Brights were launched in the US some months back under the name of the Electro Collection in a different packaging and different shade names. Here, three of them have been released and they are Neon Rose, Tangerine Pop and Pink Peony. The USP of these shades according to Maybelline is bright color and continuous moisture along with SPF 16. 


Well, I agree with the continuous moisture claim but definitely not the bright color one. No idea why they named it Neon Rose when the color is not neon at all. On the lips, its a sheer pink and if you have very pigmented lips, then the color probably won't even show up. Honestly, I didn't find any difference between this and the regular baby lips in terms of color payoff. Both are equally sheer. I like the texture of the Brights more though. It's not as waxy as the regular ones and I also found it to be more moisturising. It's very smooth, glides on the lips and stays on for a wee bit longer but definitely not for 6 hrs per Maybelline's claims. 



Do I like Neon Rose more than the older Baby Lips? Yes I do but only because of the superior texture and the fact that its more moisturising. Very disappointed with the color payoff though. Wish Maybelline did not mislead us in naming these 'Brights'. No point in making the packaging and the color of the balm very bright when nothing much shows up on the lips. 

Maybelline Baby Lips Color Bright Collection Neon Rose Lip Swatch

If you want to buy these new Baby Lips for color, you will be disappointed unless you like sheer balms. If you want to buy these to get rid of dry lips then you won't regret spending Rs 150.

What's your favorite lip balm? Do share in the comments below.


No comments: