A couple of months back, I came in touch with an international skincare brand, Cellnique Cosmaceutical, who wanted to send me some products for trial. Honestly I had not heard of them before so the first thing I did was turn to Google for information about the brand and what they made. I checked out their website and was very impressed by the range of products and the reviews that other bloggers had written so I wrote back that I would be interested to try them out.
Here's a bit of information about Cellnique -
Cellnique Cosmaceutical is a leading skincare brand that originated from Malaysia and Singapore. The company was created in 1996 as a beauty salon products distributor in Singapore and Malaysia. This product line was branded as Cellnique and since then, Cellnique has transformed into a fully fledged beauty expert with a wide range of paramedical skin care products and treatment lines. Cellnique claims to be an expert in curing blackheads, acne and scars. All their products are formulated with CX formulation, an advanced in-clinic formulation that combines the power of biological active ingredients, natural plant extracts, antioxidants and a bio-active delivery system, offering the best performance for immediate and visible results within 2 weeks for various skin problems without any side effects. For more information about the brand, click here
Cellnique wanted to know about my skin condition and areas of concern so they could recommend suitable products. Now I (touch wood) have pretty decent skin without any pressing concerns but I do feel that ever since I started working at night, I've lost that general brightness and radiance. Also, under eye circles and puffiness have started to increase so that's what I wanted to treat. Based on my information, I was sent three products along with instructions on how to use them-
Contour De Puffy Jewel, 15 ml ($54) - With its unique combination of Acetyl Tetrapeptide Gold Dipeptide and Rhodochrosite Extract, this formulation lifts away eye puffiness and dark circles by increasing blood circulation and providing deep moisturizing around the eye area. Designed with a SPF level of 15 it protects skin from those harmful aging UVA and UVB rays.
Derma Brightening Complex, 30 ml ($45) - Formulated with liposamal Willow Bark Extract and Vitamin C, this strongly-effective yet gentle formulation works excellent on skin discoloration, dull and uneven skin tone, restores skin’s luminous glow without provoking any skin irritation or peeling. Unprecedented clarity will radiate from within.
Intensive Hydrating Oasis Gel, 50g ($41) - A highly concentrated Aloe Vera moisturizing gel, with soothing and calming properties designed for all skin types. This soothing gel is further enhanced with the infusion of Witch Hazel, Horse Chestnut, and Marine Collagen to deliver an ultra effective moisturizing effect.
How to Use?
1. Wash face with cleanser and toner
2. Apply Contour De-puffy jewel around and under the eye area. Gently pad with fingertips. Use day and night
3. Apply Derma Brightening Complex - Use day and night. Apply to face and neck evenly in up and outward circular movements
4. Apply Intensive Hydrating Oasis Gel - Use day and night. Apply to face and neck evenly in up and outward circular movements until fully absorbed
My Thoughts About Each of Them - Please note that these products have been recommended for my normal-dry skin so that's what I'm basing my reviews on. Also, the effect of a product varies from person to person. Please use any skincare product at your own discretion.
1. Contour De Puffy Jewel - This is the product I was looking forward to trying the most. The packaging of this is really fancy. It's a thick pump tube and when you open the cap, inside, the applicator is similar to that of a pen's nib. There is a tiny opening in that 'nib' and when you press the pump, the product comes out of that opening. I know it sounds very complex but hopefully the picture should help you understand the mechanics. This is a gel and it feels really cool and fresh when I apply it. Only a tiny bit is needed to cover the eye area and I instantly feel a tightening effect. The gel absorbs really fast and works well to hydrate the area. Over the last couple of months, I have seen an improvement in my dark circles and it has worked on reducing puffiness slightly. I must admit that I'm guilty of not using it everyday though. At 3.30 a.m in the morning, it does get kinda tough to do a full skincare regime before sleeping!! But however much I've used the gel, I have seen good results. Will not say that the dark circles and puffiness have vanished completely because it obviously has to do a lot with lifestyle as well but the product does work. My eye area looks a lot brighter and less tired.
2. Derma Brightening Complex - This is the serum that works on skin discoloration, dull and uneven skin tone. The packaging is very stark and 'medical'. The color is light yellow and smells again 'medical'. The texture of the serum is neither thick nor runny and you need only 3-4 drops to cover the entire face. I use my fingers to dot the product all over the face and initially it does feel slightly sticky but absorbs within a minute and dries up without leaving any sticky film on top of the skin. What I love about the serum is that it gives me instant hydration and makes the skin smooth. I had no adverse reaction to the product. It did not break me out and neither was there any itching. Over a period of time, I have noticed the unevenness and slight pigmentation reducing on my face, making the skin more bright and clear. I do not know whether this is the work of the serum alone or a combination of the three products but I have seen a difference and I like it very much!
3. Intensive Hydrating Oasis Gel - This gel moisturizer I absolutely love! I'm a big fan of aloe vera and this one has aloe vera as an active ingredient along with other soothing ingredients like witch hazel. The gel is extremely moisturizing and I would highly recommend this to everyone irrespective of their skin type. It comes in a sleek pump tube and needs about one to two pumps to hydrate the face and neck. The clear gel is unscented and absorbs very fast into the skin. What's great about the gel is that despite it being so light, it moisturizes so well. I use it in the morning and I don't need to apply anything on my face for the next 10-12 hrs! Since there is no greasy feeling, those with oily skin can use this as well. Specially for summer, the oasis gel is perfect!
Overall Thoughts on Cellnique products -
I am very happy with these products and they are working on my skin. It now looks a lot more refreshed and 'alive'. The only con about Cellnique is that the products are quite expensive. On the other hand, you will only need a little bit of them so they will last for a very long time. Cellnique offers worldwide shipping and if you order products above $40, shipping is free. Plus you also get some free samples and reward points with every order. In case the product does not work for you, you can also get a 100% cash refund within 30 days from the date of purchase!
P.S - Products sent by Brand for consideration. Review 100% mine