Monday 29 July 2013

Clarins White Plus Total Luminescent Skincare Range Product Reviews

Clarins is a brand that definitely needs no introduction. We all know that they make some amazing skincare and makeup products and I recently got the opportunity to try out some samples of their very popular White Plus Total Luminescent skincare range. In this post, I'll share my thoughts on what I think of each of them to help you take a decision whether to buy or not. However, before sharing my thoughts, want to say that the reviews are completely based on my experience with the products on my normal-dry skin. What works or does not work for me might not necessarily be the same with you as the effect of a product varies from person to person. These are expensive products so if available, do ask for samples before buying full size. Ok, now, lets get on to the reviews. 



1. White Plus Total Luminescent Pearl-to-Cream Brightening Cleanser - This Pearl-to-Cream cleanser is meant to achieve a brightening effect for your skin, removing dirt and restoring luminescence. Cleansers are usually pretty basic, but this has gypsophila extract that creates a rich foam to wake skin up in the mornings. It has a pearly sheen to it and a tiny bit goes a very long way. This cleanser is very gentle on the skin but lathers well enough to remove all traces of dirt and grime. I love the effect that this has on my face - it looks instantly bright, refreshed and 'alive' and the good thing is that it does not make the skin dry or stretchy. I love this and recommend!




2. White Plus Total Luminescent Intensive Brightening Serum - This is one of my favorite serums and I do intend to buy a full pack once the sample gets over. This is the most advanced skincare you can get for brighter and more even skin. And let’s not forget its promise of ultimate translucency and that healthy-looking, rosy luminescence. The serum is extremely light weight and sinks into the skin very fast so you don't need to wait for it to get absorbed. The serum is in a gel form and is quite moisturising on its own. To be honest, I've not seen my skin getting fair but It definitely looks healthy, supple and radiant after using the serum. I have also seen an improvement in areas where there is pigmentation so this stuff does work. Again a product that I recommend!




3. White Plus Whitening Velvet Emulsion - This is meant to protect skin and brighten complexion leaving it perfectly matte with a youthful, transparent rosy glow. I am not fond of the Velvet Emulsion at all because this does not leave skin matte. In fact, it makes my skin very greasy and my face sweats a lot after applying this. The lotion itself is very lightweight, it also has SPF 20 and in terms of providing moisturisation, this does a stellar job but I just don't like how greasy this feels. I've only used a couple of sachets of this so not in a position to talk about whether it works on the complexion or not. Unless you have super dry skin, would recommend you to stay away from this. 




4. UV Plus Day Screen High Protection - This is an oil free sunscreen lotion with SPF 40 that has a slight pinkish tint to it. The lotion has a runny texture but again is very lightweight and absorbs into the skin easily. It's definitely not as greasy and oily as the Velvet Emulsion but it will not leave your face absolutely shine free either. I like this suncreen because it does not make my face sweaty and I have seen that I don't tan if I'm out in the sun wearing this. Even though, this has a pink tint to it, do not expect any coverage but neither does this leave a whitish cast on the face which is great. If you have super oily skin, this might not be a great choice but for normal-dry-combination skin, it is a good sunscreen.





5. White Plus Whitening Repairing Night Cream - I love this night cream! The texture of this cream is very light. It almost feels like a lotion-cream, so it spreads very easily on the skin and best of all, feels moisturizing once on. The cream absorbs very fast and in the morning I wake up to hydrated, soft and supple skin. Clarins recommends that you use light pressing motions to apply the cream so this should be spread out and then lightly pressed on the face instead of wiping it on. I've more or less finished the night cream and really like the effect. It does even out skin tone and brightens it with time. Again recommended!


Apart from the Velvet Emulsion which I don't like much, the Clarins White Plus Total Luminescent range is definitely a winner. Not so much for the fairness claims but the products do even out, hydrate and brighten the skin tone over a period of time. The only con is the price. All the full size products are not below 3K at least but there is definitely no compromise on the quality. And the good thing is that they last for a really long time coz you need only a tiny amount. All of these samples lasted me for nearly 1.5 months! I know I gave you a lot of options to think of but if you ask me what's that one product which is the star, I'd say it's the Total Luminescent Intensive Brightening Serum. It is amazingly good!

Have you tried any product from the Clarins White Plus Total Luminescent Skincare Range?

P.S - Samples provided by Brand. Reviews 100% mine


No comments: