Monday 10 June 2013

Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Ageing Cream+Serum Duo - Review

I've been working night shifts for the last four years and while initially my skin was pretty well behaved, the stress and the late nights caught up with it. I now notice fine lines around the eyes, puffiness and a general decline in my usually radiant skin condition. And since I'm not getting any younger, anti-aging creams have become a must have for me. I've used the Olay Total Effects 7 in One Day cream and quite liked it. Now that Olay has come out with an improved version of the 7 in One cream with the addition of a serum, I was very eager to try that out.



The Olay Cream+Serum duo claims to fight 7 signs of ageing namely fine lines and wrinkles, uneven tone, age spots, uneven texture, dryness, dullness and pores. It has a concentrated moisturizing formula with SPF 15. So the moisturizer combats dryness and the serum fights the 7 signs of ageing. In short, it promises visibly younger looking skin. The price is Rs 369 for 20g

I know there is absolutely no connection between an anti-aging cream and vanilla ice cream with mango sauce but that's what this cream always reminds me of. The white and yellow swirls look so delicious! The cream is inside a transparent plastic bottle with a pump dispenser with a very small nozzle so you can control the amount of product you want. And you don't really need a lot. 



In terms of consistency, it's not too thick or runny and blends into the skin very well. Since the cream has SPF, you get added protection against the sun. And that's where my problem lies. The moment I apply this during day time, I start sweating profusely and within 30 mins all of the cream is gone :(. I wore two days during the day and the same thing happened. So now, instead of a day cream, I use it at night. I wash my face, apply the cream, put on the ac and all is good. The cream gets absorbed fast and keeps my skin hydrated so even though the ac is on, I don't wake up to dry skin. If you have oily skin and a sweating problem, try it as a night cream but only if the ac is on! Else, your face will be an oily sweaty mess. Those with dry skin should not face any problem using this. 




It's too early to determine if the cream has managed to get rid of the fine lines, but I do see a healthy glow in my skin after using this. It also looks much brighter so I'm happy with this product and would not mind purchasing a bigger bottle. Will let you know whether it actually managed to fight the lines though. 


"I am trying out Olay Total Effects as a part of the product review program at BlogAdda.com"

No comments: