Monday 6 May 2013

Sephora Rouge Cream Lipstick 1st Night - Review, Swatch, FOTD

In an earlier post where I reviewed the Sephora eye pencils, a lot of you had asked me what lipstick I was wearing in the FOTD pic so here I am revealing the name. It is a Sephora Rouge Cream lipstick and the name of the shade is 1st Night (couldn't they have come up with another name. This one is so cheesy!).


Anyone going to Sephora, do check out this range and specially this shade. 1st Night is described as a warm rose but I also think there is a bit of coral added to it. The color is really pretty and can be pulled off by any skin tone. Its bright but not neon bright and is perfect for summer. I find Sephora lipsticks to look quite attractive. The case is all black, the cap is very long, the base has Sephora printed on it and the best thing is that the bottom of the lipstick has a swatch of the lipstick color. This is very helpful when trying to hunt for a particular shade in a small drawer crammed with nearly 60 lippies!



Sephora describes the Rouge Cream lipstick as a hydrating one that creates full lips with intense color and I 100% agree. The pigmentation is awesome and it only takes one swipe to cover pigmented lips and go opaque. The texture is soft and creamy and just glides on the lips. The smell is a bit too sweet and strong for my liking but if you are a fan of lipsticks that smells like candy, you will like this. The finish is semi-matte but it also gives a nice sheen on the lips. The lipstick does not dry out my lips and it lasts for around 4 hrs. The Rouge Cream lipsticks are priced at Rs 800 each.


This is how it looks on me..

I love this color and when I go back to Sephora, will surely check out the other shades in the Rouge Cream line. If you like corally pink lipsticks, 1st Night can be a very good option. Its bright, very well pigmented, creamy and lasts for a decent amount of time. Recommended!

Have you tried any of Sephora's lipsticks?


No comments: