Sunday 5 May 2013

MUA Eye Shadow trio Theatrics - Swatches

MUA has been doing baked eye shadows for quite some time now but recently they launched a merged version of these eye shadows in a cute little palette. According to them this is an improved formula and each trio contains "two tone threads of color creating a beautiful shimmer, sparkly enough to satisfy the glitter craving in you''. Out of the three trios, Theatrics caught my eye. Rather the purple shade in Theatrics caught my eye and I went ahead and placed an order for this. In the UK, these cost £3.00, but I obviously had to pay more. 


I haven't used these shadows yet and only swatched them today for you. First impression - they look gorgeous in the palette and remind me very much of the eye shadows from MAC's Heavenly Creatures collection. The palette itself is really cute and I love the tiny press button that's included. There is a sponge applicator inside that is as always useless, unless you are in an eye shadow emergency and need it for a quick fix. In such a tiny palette, even though the raised shape looks good, its a problem to apply because the product goes all over the place. And specially in the case of this one because there is so much of glitter! There is a LOT of glitter fallout and 2 mins after swatching, my little palette resembled a disco ball. I'm worried now that my face doesn't look the same after I've applied the shadows. I wont say that these are the most pigmented shadows I've ever tried. The purple one is good but the other two needs quite a bit of layering to give some color.

Take a look at the swatches..



The palette after swatching

I'll be able to write a full review when I've actually used them as eye shadows but the glitter fallout thing is really bothering me.

Do you like glitter eye shadows?


No comments: