Thursday 7 March 2013

Oriflame Very Me Nail Graffiti Base Coat and Top Coat - Review, NOTD

This post was originally meant to be a review of the new Maybelline BB cream stick but then I tried out a product in the morning and liked it so much that I just had to share it with all of you! BB cream stick, as much as I love you, you gotta wait till tomorrow :)..

Crackle nail paints were all the rage in 2012 and there were a lot of brands who came out with these polishes at pretty high prices. I didn't jump on the bandwagon then coz I just did not like the colors that were coming out. They were either either black or blue as far as I can remember and I wasn't interested. Thankfully Oriflame has come out with some 'crackling' colors in the March catalog and they priced them so well that I just had to buy a few. There are three shades of Base Coat - Gold, Fuchsia, Silver and three shades of the Top Coat to give the crackle effect - the customary Black and Blue and a pretty Pink. Me being the pink lover, got the silver base coat and the pink top coat. Both of these are priced at Rs 198 each, but for March these are available at Rs 149 each.



The polishes are pretty good and I'm really liking them. The formula is slightly thick but they apply pretty well. No streakiness or patchiness and one coat is enough to make it opaque. I applied two though. The top coat starts to crackle immediately and its a pretty uniform crackle effect. No streaking here as well. What I also loved about these polishes is that they dried up in an instant. I went to take a bath just after 5 mins of applying the polish and nothing smudged or came off. Me highly impressed and would recommend you to try one of these on your nails. Great product at a very affordable price!





Have you tried crackle nail polishes? 



No comments: