Saturday 9 March 2013

Maybelline Clearglow Shine Free BB Stick Fawn - Review, Swatch, FOTD

The Indian blogosphere is buzzing with reviews of the new Maybelline BB stick and I honestly didn't know what else I could write that hasn't been written already. I thought about it for a while and then said to myself, so what if there are already so many reviews out there? I'm sure my readers would want to know about my experience of using the product too so here I am with my thoughts on the new Maybelline Clearglow Shine Free BB Stick in the shade Fawn. 




According to Maybelline, the BB stick gives Flawless, radiant skin + 12hr shine control + 8 benefits in just 1 step!
1. Mineral clay formula guarantees 12hr shine control.
2. Contains Salicylic acid to manage combination & oily skin.
3. Provides a soft, matte and radiant finish.
4. Sweat-resistant and sebum - resistant formula leaves skin fresh all day.
5. Hides appearance of pores & imperfection.
6. Contains SPF 21/PA+++ that protects skin from sun damage.
7. Instantly evens skin tone. 
8. Provides a power-light feel on skin.

If I had to sum up my experience of using the BB stick in just one word, it would be 'superfreakingawesome'!. Ok so this isn't really a word, but then you do get what I think of the product right? Here's why I love this:




1. Cute yet sturdy packaging that's perfect as a travel companion
2. Texture is soft and smooth and glides over the skin without any discomfort. Feels like a primer when I apply on the skin
3. It goes on slightly greasy but smoothens to a semi-matte finish. Oily skinned beauties will therefore have no problems using this but if you want a full matte finish, dust a bit of powder on top and you will be shine free for a pretty long time. Those with dry skin, worry not coz this does not make the skin dry at all
4. Provides decent coverage even with a small amount. I don't need to use a concealer after applying this and it does the job of a medium coverage foundation + concealer pretty well. Specially the under eye area. 
5. Super easy to blend. I apply the stick directly on my face and just blend with my fingers till it smoothens and disappears into the skin
6. Brightens up the complexion and lessens the visibility of pores or other spots to give a very smooth look
7. I've been wearing this everyday for the past one week to work and it wears pretty well. I pat on a bit of powder after about 6 hrs to prolong the wear time, but even if I don't, my face is still pretty decently 'covered'
8. Has SPF so this actually does the work of a BB cream + foundation + concealer + sunscreen. A true multi-tasker and a wonder product!
9. I got the shade 'Fawn' which is a perfect match for my skin tone and I'm really happy about that. If you are NC 42 and above, Fawn will be perfect for you. Dunno about the other shade Radiance though. Heard that it's made for really fair skin, so if you are a medium, then getting the perfect shade might be a problem since there are only two. You might consider buying both and mixing them up to get your shade
10. Last but not the least, I love the price tag of Rs 250. Thank you Maybelline for keeping it down!


Now you see it

Now you don't!

Overall Verdict :

The Maybelline Clear Glow Shine Free BB Stick is a true wonder product and is a must have for every woman looking to get bright, even, shine-free radiant skin in an instant . I have definitely got myself in a long term relationship with this nifty little product and I highly recommend that you do too!

P.S - Sample sent by Brand PR. Review is 100% mine

For more information on the product, click here - http://www.maybelline.co.in/products/face/cream/bb_stick_india.html

Have you tried the new Maybelline BB stick? What's your experience?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it too. So super convinient right? Its controllin my breakouts too thnx to d salicylic acid.
Btw, whts on ur lips? Lovely colour.

Unknown said...

Nice detailed review dolan..need to buy this :)