Monday 11 March 2013

Maybelline Super Stay 14 Hr Lipstick in Eternal Rose - Review, Swatches


Guest Post by Debadyuti

I was invited to do this post by our very pretty Dolon. I was a bit surprised since I am generally hopeless at makeup and beauty stuff. But Dolon’s encouragement made me take the dip.

I don’t follow too many blogs and I follow only one blog on makeup beauty and the like...and that “Poutpretty”. So when I had to buy a lippie for myself for various social commitments which required me to look a LITTLE dressed up for the occasion, I turned to this blog. And I was sold on the Maybelline 14 hours Lipstick Range that Dolon had done a review of a few days back. Her choice was red, mine is pink. The shade is called “Eternal Rose” and I am in love with the color.



Here are the pros :
  • Lovely  deep pinkish color. Rose is a personal favorite and the name of the shade was just too pretty for me to pass up.
  •  It comes across as different shades in the morning and evening (surprisingly enough). In the daylight it looks very pretty true pink and at night a more magenta-ish pink with a slight reddish tint to it. It brightens my face up and makes me look a bit fairer.
  • It does stay a long time…inspite of all the talking, eating, drinking from cups and more eating that I do/did.
  • It fades away to leave a very kissable looking pinkish tint to the lips.
  • The price point is super awesome. I got it off an online shop for under 500 bucks! J

And cons:
  • It has to be used matte even for dry skinned people like me. It starts to feather and bleed and make your teeth look like you just ate a pink skittle if you use even a light lip balm before using the lippy. I wouldn’t recommend using a gloss on it either coz that might just kill the colour. So a good night’s sleep with a lot of balm before this lippy is used the next day is a must.
  •  The packaging is pretty basic and has a slightly cheap feeling to it. But then if the thing works for you, packaging shouldn’t count for much.

All in all, it made a lip balm person turn into a lipstick person, well at least occasionally. I would recommend and I am buying other shades in this, just wished they introduced a nice pinky nude in this range.

Here’s a pic of this color on my lips in the daytime:


And at night using flash:


PS: I did not mean to blog about this and these pics are crops. I have never beauty blogged before so please be kind! 

Editor's Note - First of all, a big thank you to you Deb for writing the post and for what you have written in the first two paragraphs. It's a huge honor for me and honestly I'm extremely overwhelmed by your love and support for the blog. Second of all, it's a great post and you should definitely do a lot more beauty blogging! Loved reading your review and that color is so pretty!

Have you tried the new Maybelline Superstay lipsticks? What's your favorite shade?


No comments: