I know this is a post that has been long overdue but honestly, writing about favorite makeup products now seem so lame. I know life must go on but I pledge to you brave girl. I will stay outraged. I will not forget you a few months later and everyday my only prayer will be that may the six beasts go through even more pain than they inflicted on you. May justice be served and may such horrific incidents never be repeated. RIP Brave Girl. You will forever be in our hearts.
Writing this post has been one of the toughest for me. Not just because of what happened today but also coz it was really tough to zero in on the most favorite products of 2012. This year I've used plenty of new and old products and loved so many of them. At first, I thought of including everything that I liked but then decided on sharing only the ones that stood out for me. Products that I could not do without in 2012 and can probably not do without in 2013 as well. Not all of these are new launches though. Some have been around for quite sometime but I got introduced to them in 2012 and have absolutely fallen in love. So here goes my list..
Face Products :
1. Kryolan TV Paint Stick - An absolute jewel in my make up collection and one product that I'll probably keep using forever. A foundation, concealer, powder all put together in one nifty product that gives super long lasting coverage. This is an absolute must have girls specially for special occasions. Thank you Veda for introducing me to this!
2. Oriflame Peach Me Perfect Skin Glow - Love this tinted moisturizer that I use almost everyday. Smells great, gives decent coverage and hydrates the skin as well. What's not to love?
3. MAC Solar Ray Mineralise Blush - Out of all the blushes I own, this is the one I've used the most this year. Released as part of the Heavenly Creatures collection, this peach and gold melange is super smooth, super pretty and gives a lovely sheen to the skin. I use this both during the day and night and it looks equally lovely. Love!
4. Colorbar Radiant Glow Face Illuminator Pen - One of the best cream highlighters that I've come across! Decently priced, does not contain a lot of glitter, makes the skin look bright,healthy and glowing. Need I say anything else to convince how good this is??
1. L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow Endless Chocolate - Deciding on the favorite eyeshadow was realllly tough coz there were so many. At the end, it boiled down to Endless Chocolate and Maybelline's Bad To The Bronze, another awesome product and after much deliberation, I chose L'oreal. Reasons are - love the color slightly more than Bad to the Bronze, soft and smooth texture that's very easy to apply, stays put the entire day without creasing, very easy to remove and the shade is really versatile. It goes with all outfits and can be used both during the day and night. There's nothing that I don't like about this eye shadow.
2. Lakme Eyeconic Mascara - When I first bought this, I wasn't very impressed but when I started using it, realized how good a mascara this is at its price. I've been using this pretty regularly and its great value for money. Does not give me dramatic lashes but it's wonderful for everyday wear. Does a decent job in curling lashes, stays put for nearly 7 hrs and quite easy to remove.
3. Colorbar Ultimate Eyeliner - I've always been a kohl and eyeliner pencil girl but this has made me fall in love with liquid liners. Love the jet black color, the felt tip that makes lining eyes so easy and with such precision and how long it lasts. If you are looking to buy a liquid liner, get this.
1. MAC Party Parrot & Chambor Matte Rubis Rouge lipsticks- With lipsticks, I couldn't just include one. While Party Parrot is probably the most unique color that I've come across till date, Rubis Rouge is the best matte red that I own. Revlon's Really Red did give it tough competition but I went for Rubis Rouge in terms of wearability. This is a color that does not look OTT either during the day or night and is perfect for every skin tone.
2. MAC Impassioned Lip Glass - I'm not much of a gloss lover but this color is so gorgeous that it had to be included in my list of favorites. Slightly sticky but super pigmented and lasts for a long time as well. Wish this is made permanent soon!
Now coming to the winner of my giveaway. For those who didn't know, I was running a contest on Facebook where I asked you to name 5 of your favorite makeup products of 2012 and the one with a minimum of 3 products that matched with my favorites would win some goodies. I kept the prize a surprise for this long but it's now time to reveal what I'm giving away. Here goes..
1. Lotus Herbals Seduction Botanical Tinted Lip Gloss in Sappy Watermelon & Passion Fruit Splash
2. Maybelline Colorama Nail Polish Anel De Ouro
3. NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Eyeshadow in Oro
Thank you to everyone who participated in the contest and shared with me your favorite makeup products. Out of all the entries, my 3 favorites of the Kryolan TV Paint Stick, Colorbar Ultimate Eyeliner and Colorbar Radiant Glow Face Illuminator pen matched with only one person and she is Jasmine Bhatia.
Congrats Jasmine on winning the contest! The above products are waiting to be delivered to you so please respond to my email with your contact details within 48 hrs.
For all those who did not win, there are two more giveaways that you can enter to win prizes. One is from The Nature's Co & the other from The Four Fountains Spa. Looking forward to your participation!
Hope you've had a great 2012 and here's wishing an even better 2013 for all of you. Cheers!