Saturday 22 December 2012

Cosmedic Lumi Day Brightening Day Lotion - Worth Trying!

You must have seen my Facebook post a couple of days back where I had mentioned that I was trying out skincare products from a new brand. Well, no more suspense. The name of the brand is Cosmedic  and I've been trying out their Soothing facial cleanser and the Brightening Day lotion. Today's review is of the Lumi Day Brightening Lotion.



What is Cosmedic?

Created by a team of doctors from US and India, it is the first brand that is formulated, tested and approved by dermatologists. It is spearheaded by Dr Kiran Lohia.

What does Cosmedic Offer?

Products that treat acne, Pigmentation, Sensitive skin, Dry-skin, Anti-aging, Stretch marks and Hairfall.



When Cosmedic got in touch with me to send samples of their products, I had specifically requested that they send products suitable for dry skin. Even though, I have normal skin during the rest of the year, winters are terrible on my skin. Anything that I apply gets absorbed within no time and I have re-apply my moisturizer very frequently. Every winter I set out to discover that 'wonder' product that would banish my dryness woes and this year I'm so lucky to have found the Lumi Day Brightening Lotion with SPF 30.

What does Cosmedic say about this?

Daily-use facial moisturizer significantly reduces dullness and discoloration while correcting the appearance of marks. Our proprietary Concentrated Hydroxy Complex delivers a potent mix of 4% Alpha Hydroxy Acids combined with Natural Moisturising Factors for gentle yet effective results. Broad spectrum  SPF 30++ simultaneously prevents further pigmentation from occurring. Free of hydroquinone, steroids, and other irritating demelanizing agents. Hypoallergenic and Non-Comedogenic!





My views - 

I've been using this moisturizer for about two weeks now and really happy with its effect on my skin. 

Packaging - Very simple, fuss-free and elegant. Does not look too much like a medicinal product and neither like a cosmetic one. The outer packaging includes details of the product and the bottle comes with a pump to dispense the moisturizer. The fragrance is slightly medicinal though. 

Texture & Consistency - A cream formula which is of a moderately thick consistency. The description says apply liberally on the face but it's not really required. A max of three pumps is enough to do its job. On application, the product stings slightly, because of the alpha hydroxy acids but it lasts only for a couple of seconds. Because of its relatively thicker consistency, the lotion does take a bit of time to absorb in to the skin. Those with oily skin might find it to be a problem as it will make the skin look greasy but for those with dry skin, it's wonderful. It keeps my skin hydrated for the entire day till I wash it off. No touching up at all!

Effect on my skin - Winter makes my skin look really dull but this time I'm noticing a certain brightness and luminosity which I'm loving! My skin feels hydrated all the time, looks fresh and I can see an improvement in the texture. Honestly, I was a bit wary of trying out something on my face that I've never heard of but I'm so glad I did. I highly recommend this brightening lotion specially for all my fellow dry-skin beauties. I know you will love it too!

I don't know if this is available in stores but you can buy it online at www.cosmedic.in. If you are living in Kolkata, you can get Cosmedic products at 70A Shakespeare Sarani, Kol-700017. Ph - +913340003100.

The Lumi Day Brightening Lotion is priced at Rs 350 for 60 ml

P.S - Sample provided by P.R. Review is 100% mine.

No comments: