Sunday 25 November 2012

Book Review - Wrong Means Right End by Varsha Dixit


Have you noticed how in all romantic novels, the leading characters are so similar? The woman is strong and feisty and hates the man at first. The man is rich, rude, insensitive, drop-dead gorgeous, does not realise he is in love with the woman yet physically attracted and at the end both of them confess their love towards each other and they live happily ever after. In Varsha Dixit's latest book, Wrong Means Right End, a sequel to her debut novel Right Fit Wrong Shoe, the two main characters Sneha and Nikhil are no different. Here's a summary of the new book..

After a failed marriage, Sneha, a single working mom, has no time, or inclination, for love. She resists every matchmaking attempt made by the overzealous Nandini, married to industrialist Aditya. But then the past intrudes in the form of the gorgeous and rich, Nikhil, who brings along Gayatri to break-up her ex-fiance, Aditya’s marriage. Sneha enlists Nikhil' s help to salvage the situation. But how does she even talk to a man who clearly loathes her? As Nikhil and Sneha try to grapple with their egos and combustible chemistry, love blossoms.
While the plot is not something new, the characters and the situations make this book quite a pleasant read. The characters are very real and one can easily identify with them, specially the BFFs Sneha and Nandini. I loved how the author showed the bond between the two friends and it definitely reminded me of mine. The sub-plots, though a tad 'filmy' provide enough meat to make it a page turner. There is liberal use of slang throughout the book but not that one would find offensive or jarring. However, I would have liked the author to have used a different term of endearment for Nandini by Sneha though. This one is well...slightly over the top!. The men in the story are quite intriguing and by the end of the book, I was already in love with the leading man Nikhil (good looking, charming, super rich and devoted to his lady love...what else does a woman want!). 
While the book tends to get a bit slow in the middle, it builds up quite well to the climax. I quite liked it for its real characters, endearing story line and the many heartening moments. To know more...read Wrong Means Right End (Rs 140)..
Here's what the author Varsha Dixit has to say about the book and herself.


What was your inspiration behind writing Wrong Means Right End?
Wrong Means Right End being a sequel got it’s inspiration from the love and cult like following the protagonists of its prequel Right Fit Wrong Shoe; Nandini Sharma, Aditya Sarin and Sneha Gupta garnered. Very early on while writing Right Fit Wrong Shoe, I had perceived it as the first part of a trilogy encompassing the story of three women, three friends in different times and places in their lives.

How did you come up with the storyline?
The plot for Wrong Means Right End came after I mentally put the protagonists through the grind and thought of situations that would really push their backs against the wall.

Who's your favorite character in the book? 
Sneha Gupta and Nikhil Chandel are currently my favourite characters. I am simply smitten by the sizzling chemistry they share with each other.

Is there any character that you identify with?
From my works, the only thing that I can identify with is the close friendship that Sneha Gupta and Nandini Sharma share. I have been blessed to enjoy such close camaraderie with a few of my own women friends.

What is it that attracts you to writing about romance? 
Writing romance was never a chosen path or the decided genre for me. In fact my stories always have a main plot and then various plots that give the story layers and make it hopefully more than just another love story.

Once I start writing, the characters simply forge their own path. I’m not sure if this happens with other authors but how I imagined a scene is very different from how it comes across after I’m done penning it. In fact that’s why I often say for myself that I think deep but write light.

What are you working on now?
Currently I’m on a short break from writing and spending some quality time with family. Maybe around December I will start penning the last part of this love trilogy – the Right and Wrong series- or the sequel to Xcess Baggage or maybe something completely new. Keep them guessing! J

Any message to your readers and aspiring writers?
To all my readers I would say a very sincere and heartfelt thank you for making my books the success that they have become. Also would like to inform all my Wrong Means Right End readers that as I could not come to India because of personal reasons for the book launch, I will be personally calling you all the entire month of November. If you wish to talk to me please email me your numbers at varsha@varshadixit.com. For minors please have me call on your parent’s number.

For aspiring writers I have three words Patience, Practice and Perseverance or simply read my blog series ‘You are not born a writer you become one!’ on my website www.varshadixit.com. Read it and email me your questions related to writing fiction and I would love to help you in any way that I can. Don’t let go of your dreams. The best!

P.S - Book provided by P.R. Review is 100% mine

1 comment:

indian beauty central said...

Sounds a bit like Mills and boons minus the naughty bits ;)