Monday 26 November 2012

Party Makeup in 10 Mins - How I Do It

If I have to rush out to a party specially after office and don't have a lot of time, this is the routine I'm following right now and the products that I'm currently using. 


1. Clean face - My favorite is the Kara Makeup Removal Wipes with seaweed and lavender. I love this because it's really effective in removing all traces of makeup and dirt and does not leave the skin feeling dry and taut. (Time Taken - 1 min)

2. Hydrate skin - My current favorite is the FabIndia Silk Protein cream. In summer, I apply aloe vera gel on my face after cleansing. (Time taken - 1 min)

3. Get a flawless face - The Kryolan TV Paint Stick is my knight in shining armor for any party or special occasion. If you haven't tried out the paint stick, girl, you are missing something. It's truly a wonder product that acts as a concealer, a foundation, and an eye shadow base. I apply the paint stick on my face and use my fingers to blend it in. It's much easier than using a brush. The coverage is excellent, stays for a really long time and photographs very well. The paint stick is available in a host of shades (120 precisely!) so you are bound to get one that exactly matches your skin tone. Unfortunately, its available only in Kryolan stores so if you happen to be in one, don't forget to get a Paint stick for yourself. (Time Taken - 2 mins)

4. Set it up - If I'm really in a hurry, then I might skip this step coz the paint stick has already done its job of giving me a flawless face. If I do have time, then I'll set the foundation with a light dusting of compact. The one I'm using right now is the Revlon Photoready compact. (Time Taken - 1 min)

5. Blush Blush - Loving MAC's Solar Ray Mineralise Blush, a gorgeous melange of peach and gold with slight shimmer that's perfect for a night out ( Time Taken - 1 min)

6. Pep Up the Peepers - If I'm going out after office, I apply a lighter shadow with a metallic finish or a hint of shimmer rather than going dark as it brightens up my eyes. My current favorite is the Maybelline Color tattoo in Bad to the Bronze, a gorgeous bronze with a smooth metallic finish and sheen. Its really easy to apply and stays put for a very long time. (Time Taken - 1 min)

7. Line and Lash it Up - The next step is to line the upper lids with kohl/eyeliner and apply two to three coats of mascara. I'm using the Colorbar Ultimate Eye Liner and Deborah Milano Black + Long Mascara currently. (Time Taken - 2 mins)

8. Red Hot Lips - The last step is to apply my favorite red lipstick - Revlon's Really Red. I'm not much of a gloss fan so always go for matte red lips for a party. (Time Taken - 1 min)

What's your Party Makeup in a jiffy routine? 

2 comments:

indian beauty central said...

Great post,pretty similar to my quick makeup routine

Unknown said...

Have been hearing so many bloggers raving about the kryolan paint stick...I think I'll have to get one. Any idea where the kryolan store is in mumbai?