Wednesday 17 October 2012

Avon Absinthe Nails of the Day

Avon is one of my favorite brands for nail polishes and I'm sure you know that by now after all the Avon NOTDs. I love that the polishes are reasonably priced, have a large variety of shades with great texture and finish and with a decent wear time as well. Avon recently launched the Nailwear Pro+ range in three categories - Creme, Shimmer and Sequins. These polishes claim a longer wear time (12 days!), more color, fuller coverage and richer formula. I bought a few of these a couple of months back but somehow never got around wearing the shade Absinthe. No idea why! Tried it on today and I'm quite impressed by the color and the quality.


Absinthe is a sequin finish and the color is a pale green with yellow undertone and golden microshimmer. In the catalog however the color looked much more brighter and that was what got me attracted so I was a teeny bit disappointed. Nevertheless, this looks really pretty too. I loved the texture of the polish. The shimmers are not gritty, went on really smooth, dried within minutes of applying and needed two coats to go opaque. I wore this in the morning and no sign of chipping yet. I can't wear one polish on my nails for 12 days so can't possibly let you know whether the 12 day no chipping claim is true. Do let me know if any of you tried it out. 

Here's how the color looks on me. Please excuse the state of my nails. Was back to my nail biting habit for a while (I know I know..me not a regular offender though. Only at times!)




Have you tried any of the Nailwear Pro+ polishes? Please share which one is your favorite shade. 

19 comments:

Shikha said...

tell me more about the ring.... :-) ahhh sorry forgot post was about nail paint... both look g8

poorna banerjee said...

Oh love Avon.. got myself a couple of colors this season, including my current favorite, Loving Lavender.

Poutpretty said...

Ring from Fab Alley:))

Poutpretty said...

Oh I got that too. Lovely color

Rasa nandini said...

Looks pretty on ur Nails.....:)

Ellen Yu said...

Hey doll,
I just nominated you for an award on my blog.


xox Ellen from http://ellenyu.blogspot.com

Poutpretty said...

Thanks so much Ellen for this! XOXO

Unknown said...

Lovely colour n lovely ring...

Unknown said...

Lovely colour n lovely ring...

Unknown said...

Lovely colour n lovely ring...

Unknown said...

I got rimmel London pro one..n its 295 fancy fuchsia.n it's v pretty shade..

Unknown said...

I got rimmel London pro one..n its 295 fancy fuchsia.n it's v pretty shade..

Sangy said...

ohh.... i thought it has chunky glitter.... :(
everytime you show off that ring.... i am so tempted to get one for myself ^.^

Dolon said...

Thanks dear :)

Poutpretty said...

Oh no..no chunky glitter. Its very smooth. Check faballey if the ring is still available. You can also get it on ebay:)

Em.Q (Creative Scribble) said...

OMG...OMG...LOVE THE RING!!!! <3


I dont wear such rings, but would definitely love to own this one.!!!

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here different web address
and thought I may as well check things out.
I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to exploring your web page again.
My site :: web design miami beach

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this write-up and also the rest of
the website is also really good.
My page :: green coffee bean supplements in Canada

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 4! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the outstanding work!
Visit my website mma fighters