Friday 24 August 2012

MAC Matte Lipstick Heroine from the Reel Sexy Collection - Pics, Review and Swatch

By now all of you must have known about my love for bold and bright colored lipsticks. I almost never get attracted to the nudes and sheers and I hardly have more than a couple of them in my lipstick collection. But give me a bright color and I'm instantly hooked! Which is why the moment I laid my eyes on Heroine, I knew I had to make her mine. 



The MAC Reel Sexy collection has come out with 3 LE lipsticks and 1 Repromote. Pink Popcorn - a light lavender (too pale for my skin tone),  Reel Sexy - a light coral that totally washed me out, Watch Me Simmer - a bright pink orange which looked too neon on me and Heroine, a bright violet plum with a hint of magenta. I had completely overlooked Heroine when I saw the pics of the collection thinking it to be too violet and lusted after Watch Me Simmer instead. Watch Me Simmer, no doubt a very pretty color just did not suit me. I tried out Heroine and was blown away by its richness and intensity. 

I am not going to describe the packaging because it is the same as any of the other MAC lipsticks. The fragrance is the signature MAC vanilla which I love so much. Heroine is a magenta purple with a near matte finish. Despite being a matte, it applies very smoothly and there is no pulling or tugging. It's not that dry as well so unless your lips feel like the Sahara desert, you can skip applying a lip balm before the lipstick. 

 

Heroine is insanely pigmented. In the pic below, I have just swatched once and you can see how intense the color looks. In the tube, the color looks like a black-purple but on the lips, its a gorgeous magenta/fucshia purple with blue undertones. It is a bold color but one that can be carried off by anyone with ease. Don't be afraid girls to try this on! The lipstick wears incredibly well and gives me about 5 hrs and this includes eating and drinking. It also leaves a lovely fuchsia stain after fading to prolong the wear.


Why I love Heroine?

The absolute best purple lipstick I have ever worn. Rich intense color that looks great on me, doesn't dry out my lips, and genuinely matte!!!

Are you planning to buy anything from the Reel Sexy collection?

12 comments:

poorna banerjee said...

too purple for me! but glad you love it!!

swati r said...

The color is so bold and beautiful.. :)
i also love bright bold colors..

Preetha Karthik said...

i lov such shades Dolon..nice review..mac lippies r the best..:)

indian beauty central said...

Lip swatches puhleez! I think this will be great for creating some sultry vampy looks,the pigmentation looks sensational!

Ritu said...

the shade!!! very different!

Bharti said...

wow, could you lease post a pic of you wearing this? ^_^.


www.crazypoplock.com

Rashi said...

Wow thats amazingly purple!! I don't have a single purple l/s in my collection, and this looks inviting. But mostly I'm lusting after Watch me Simmer.

Poutpretty said...

Ooh I love it. Do try it once though. You might fall for Heroine too:p

Poutpretty said...

Absolutely Pree.. Just wish the price was a little less:(

Poutpretty said...

Yeahh..:))

neerajnavare said...

this is a nice cool purple color. Reminds me of Illamasqua's new shade, just dont know where would I use this!!

Poutpretty said...

This color is absolutely lovely!! Bright, bold and really makes a statementz!