Thursday 23 August 2012

L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow Burning Black - Review and Swatch

I am officially in love!!!..Before you get all curious, no, its not with any person but with a super duper excellent product that L'oreal has come out with - The Infallible Eyeshadow range that all bloggers have been raving about. I jumped onto the bandwagon pretty late but then better late than never right? Got Endless Chocolate a couple of weeks back and last Sunday, added Burning Black to my Infallible collection (I'm getting all of them!). The name is however a mystery to me. Why would L'oreal name a gorgeous red-toned burgundy purple eye shadow with a subtle sheen Burning Black in India?? In the US, they gave a very appropriate name, Smoldering Plum. Why the change L'oreal??





I love the packaging of the Infallible eye shadows.They look good and the conserver is a very well thought of addition that keeps the shadow from running all around the place. The transparent back allows to identify the color easily.



The texture is soft, smooth and finely-milled. It is a cross between a cream, a pigment and a powder eye shadow and therefore a dream to apply.


The color is simply gorgeous! It's more intense when you apply it slightly damp but even if you apply it directly from the pot, it's still pretty rich. The shimmer is not OTT so you can use it as an everyday shadow as well. They are really pigmented so you don't need to layer it on for color. 1-2 swipes is enough to get a burst of burgundy purple on your lids. I like applying these shadows with my fingers rather than a brush because I feel that they blend better but you can always use a brush or a sponge tip applicator.


The best part about these shadows is its staying power. Without a primer, Both Endless Chocolate and Burning Black gives me around 8-9 hrs of wear and there is no fading or creasing. And I have oily lids!

Is Burning Black worth Rs 450?

Absolutely. The color is simply gorgeous and the quality top class. If I had to blind test, I would have seriously thought that these eye shadows belonged to a high-end brand. They are believed to be dupes of Armani's Eyes to Kill but I don't have Armani so can't really comment. What I can say is Get These Gals if you have'nt already. These are totally worth it!

Have you tried any of the Infallible shadows? Which one is your favorite?

17 comments:

erica said...

Me and Preetha cant stop raving abt this new LOREAL INFALLIBLE E/S range.. she already got 3.. n i need to stock these little beauties soon...Lovely review.. Dolon! <3

Poutpretty said...

Me too Rick! Absolutely loving these. Im gonna get all of them now:))

Preetha Karthik said...

Yes Ric n I swatched all these shades..i hav 3 but i want them all now..hope i get them one by one..i love this shade..do a look with it sometime Dolon

Poutpretty said...

Which ones did you get Pree? Will do a look soon

Ritu said...

I need to buy these asap! dunno what I've been waiting for! do an eotd too! would love to see it on you!

Poutpretty said...

Yep. Will do soon:)..get them girl. Im getting the blue and khaki next

indian beauty central said...

Oooh that's one stunning plum shade! My list list just got a little longer ;)

Harman said...

oooh nice colour. But i dont buy loreal coz they test on animals :(

Parul Solanki said...

I personally love these...they r so so worth every penny you pay for them..planning to get all of these..nice review

Preetha Karthik said...

endless,blue,pink..now getting this plum also for sure..lol..am turning into a loreal addict now..:)..

beautyandthecheap said...

Hi, I can't believe I haven't checked out your blog before! Love it! I have Burning Black too. :) Its become my outer V colour LOL! Btw I saw you picked up the Reel Sexy collection, did you pick it up in Mumbai? because I have been waiting soooo long for it! Anyway, new follower here. :D

Poutpretty said...

Big hug to my new follower:)..picked up the Reel Sexy collection in Kolkata last Sunday:))

Pooja G said...

such a pretty dark plum shade (why is it named black!!!) want to get the midnight blue from this range (ha! my wishlist never ends :P)

Jennifer (Indian Beauty Cafe) said...

as u rightly said, it is a very rich color :) following u.....
http://indianbeautycaffe.blogspot.in/

Poutpretty said...

Thanks Parul:))...im loving this range

Poutpretty said...

I know!!! Never ending wishlist!!Im getting the blue and green next

Poutpretty said...

It really is gorgeous! Thanks for the follow:))