Monday 24 September 2012

L'Occitane Radiance and Colour Care Shampoo & Conditioner - Review

In my earlier post here, I shared with you about my visit to the L'Occitane store in Kolkata and that I was given samples of the new Radiance and Colour Care Shampoo and Conditioner to try out. I've been using them for a week now so all set to pen down my thoughts about these products. 


The samples couldn't come at a more appropriate time. I just got my hair colored about three weeks back and was really interested to try them out after seeing the ads. Both products are enriched with 5 essential botanical oils (geranium, bergamot, rosemary, cedar and palmarosa), have grapeseed extract to prevent color from fading, is free of sulfates to gently clean hair and also have UV filters to further protect the color from the harsh sun. 


The Shampoo -

The packaging is an attractive green, pick and white plastic tube with a flip-top cap which is easy to use in the shower and is secure enough to be very travel friendly. Since this is a sulfate free product, there is not much lather in the first application so I do apply it twice taking a significantly lesser amount the second time. I just need that sudsy feeling else I feel that my hair ain't clean enough :). I love the smell of the shampoo. It's somewhere between a herbal and a woodsy smell, very clean and fresh. The color is an off-white and has a slightly thick consistency but it applies evenly on to the hair and rinses out easily as well leaving the hair very light and airy. The smell also lasts for a couple of days which I like. 


The Conditioner 

The Radiance and Colour Care Conditioner is enriched with the same 5 essential botanical oils and offers the same benefits as the shampoo. The packaging and the smell of the conditioner is also the same. What is different is the texture which I found thinner than the shampoo. The color is a pure white and feels completely weightless when applied to the hair. After shampooing, I leave the conditioner for about 5-6 mins before rinsing out and I absolutely loooove how soft my hair feels and how great it smells afterwards. No tangling as well!


My Verdict

I have used a lot of products this year specifically for my colored hair. I've used Matrix, Dove, Schwarzkopf and now L'Occitane. I can blindly state that this range is by far the best that I've tried! No other shampoo or conditioner has been able to make my hair so glossy, shiny and soft like these babies have. I have slightly oily hair and I've heard that sulfate free shampoos increases the production of oil but I experienced nothing of this sort with this duo and there was no problem with hairfall either. I haven't used the products long enough to validate whether it increases the longevity of color but I'm loving all the other effects so much that I'm sure its gonna be good for that purpose as well. The samples that I got are 75 ml each and now I have to buy the full sized tubes coz I'm hooked!


The full sized tubes come in 250 ml and are priced Rs 1450 each. The only con that I can think of the products is the price. It's definitely quite high for a shampoo and conditioner but the quality is so good that I can think of spending that amount of money to get shiny, healthy hair. These are available at all L'Occitane stores and can also be purchased online here. 

Have you given these a try? Which is your favorite L'Occitane product?

Samples given by Brand. Review is 100% mine

No comments: