Tuesday 25 September 2012

MAC Beth Ditto Pro Longwear Lipcreme Booyah - Review and Swatch

Booyah I got the MAC Beth Ditto Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Booyah!! And I'm oh so happy! In case you are wondering what Booyah means, its a term expressing joy, excitement or triumph and also a slang meaning "Oh Yeah"!. Honestly, I didn't even know that this word had a meaning but now that I do, isn't it a great name for this gorgeous orange red lipstick? My first MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme!


According to MAC, the Pro Longwear Lipcreme has a, “lightweight texture, creamy finish and comfortable longwear. It’s slick in use, applies without need of a top coat and lasts up to 12 hours. Won’t feather or transfer, and the colour stays true. Helps lips stay soft and hydrated.”. 

The packaging is different from the regular lipsticks. The tube is much longer and has a cylindrical shape as compared to the normal lipstick bullets. I actually like this packaging better but application might be a bit of a bother to those with smaller lips because of the shape. The smell is the trademark MAC vanilla smell that we all love so much.


MAC describes Booyah as a bright orange. The color actually looks quite scary in the tube and its almost a neon orange but surprisingly, on the lips its much toned down and is quite wearable. More than a bright orange, I would describe it as a medium reddish orange which looks lovely on the lips. I honestly didn't think that I could pull off this color but I was wrong. This can be pulled off by every complexion! In case you are not too fond of bright colors, wear it as a stain. It will look equally lovely!


I'm loving the Pro Longwear Lipcreme formula. It glides on like a dream, is really lightweight and creamy and the pigmentation is so intense. What failed was the 12 hr staying power and the 'will not transfer claim'. I got about 4-5 hrs from this one and it leaves a nice orange stain after fading away. The lipstick is less prone to transfer as compared to the usual lipsticks but it does transfer. Thankfully, there is no feathering or bleeding. The finish is a semi-matte which is not drying at all so perfect for us dry lip beauties.



Apart from the price (it costs Rs 1400), I can't really think of anything that's not hot about this lipstick. Gorgeous color, excellent pigmentation, light weight texture and decent staying power. What else can a girl ask for in a lipstick?? If you are a brights lover like me, do check out Booyah before it goes out of stock. You will love it! Unless I had a chapped lips issue going on right now, I would have shown you how the color looks on me. Since I'm not subjecting you to that horror, check out the hand swatches..





What do you think of Booyah? Is this a color you want to try out? Do share your thoughts..


19 comments:

poorna banerjee said...

if you won't hit me on the head, then I will have to say that this color slightly reminds me of Colorbar Obsessed Orange. Please pitio na.

Poja@IBC said...

With a name like Booyah! what's not to love! My favorite shade from the Beth ditto collection!

Preetha Karthik said...

wow thats such a pretty coral shade..loved it

Poutpretty said...

It really is pretty Pree:)

Poutpretty said...

Oh ya..loving the color!

Poutpretty said...

Noo its very different. Colorbar's one is more of a true orange. This has more red in it.

poorna banerjee said...

hmm, more like that Inglot wala??

sophianikhita said...

Such a lovely shade!!!

Shabbygd said...

Oh My God . .The Shade Looks Awesome . .Will be eying this one . .Surely . .

Unknown said...

Wow..v pretty shade Dolan...loved it..

Unknown said...

Wow..v pretty shade Dolan...loved it..

Unknown said...

Wow..v pretty shade Dolan...loved it..

Poutpretty said...

It really is gorgeous. Loving it!

Poutpretty said...

It really is Soph:)

SweetAndBitterBlog said...

no..its different. I most similar one I can say in Kiss in Coral from revlon but I still NEED this.

poorna banerjee said...

lol lol lol.. i want to get this one but still slightly unsure, so might get the fuschia pink one.

Poutpretty said...

Tht one's not availble dearie:))...all sold out!

poorna banerjee said...

aah dammit!

THE DIVINITUS said...

Love the color! Looks so rich and juicy.