Friday 2 November 2012

MAC Pressed Pigment Spot Lit - Review & Swatch

You have already seen a preview of the MAC Pressed Pigment Spot Lit here. I've been using the product for quite a while now so time for a review.



The Pressed Pigments were launched recently as part of the Limited Edition Face and Body Collection as an “intensely creamy highlighter offering extreme pearlescence and versatility of finish.” It can be “[applied] dry for a high shine, or on damp skin for a dramatic wet look” with “sheer-to-moderate buildable coverage and natural dimension finish.”. 




A lot of reviews of these pressed pigments did not speak very highly of them. Christine of Temptalia had absolutely trashed these giving a rating of F! However, I still went ahead and bought Spot Lit for only one reason - The peachy golden metallic color is gorgeous!! Oh yes, and the MUA recommended the color as well. 

When I bought the pigment, I was sure that I would only use it as an eyeshadow. Using it as a highlighter on the face is just out of question coz it has way too much glitter and it flies all over the face. No way am I gonna look like a disco ball! Since I knew what I'd be using this for, I can say that I'm pretty pleased with the results. Yes, there is a lot of glitter and there is a considerable amount of fallout but only if it is used on dry lids. I always apply the pigment on top of a creamy base or primer and the finish is wonderful. Currently, I'm loving the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze and that's what I use as a base for Spot Lit. The glitter is kept in control and the lids look all shimmery and beautiful. The texture of the pressed pigments is quite similar to the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows. Creamy and moist. When worn over a base, it lasts for about 5-6 hrs. 



Final Thoughts

I'm loving Spot Lit as an eyeshadow and would recommend this shade to anyone looking for a peachy golden shimmery eye shadow. However, as a highlighter, I would definitely not recommend the Pressed Pigments. It has way too much of glitter and will only make the face look like a glittery mess!

The Pressed Pigments are priced at Rs 1350 for 3gm. 

5 comments:

preethi said...

Very nice review dear..i too love the shade

preethi said...

Very nice review dear..i too love the shade

Unknown said...

Very nice review Dolan..loved the product..

Unknown said...

Very nice review Dolan..loved the product..

Anonymous said...

Когда в детстве придумываешь шалости думая головой получаешь по заднице
!!!