Sunday 2 September 2012

August Favorites!

September  is here and that means its time for a round up of my favorites from August ! I've used and bought quite a lot of products last month (have shopped like crazyyyy!), some of which you have seen here and here. In this post, Ill share the ones that I have used the most. 



Hair

Boots Avocado & Macadamia Intensive Hair Treatment - I've used this the most for three simple reasons. The tub is huge, there is a lot of product and I do not want to let this go waste. Avocado and Macadamia are supposed to be excellent for dry hair and that is the only reason I bought it.  Unfortunately this hair mask did nothing for my dry tresses. Just made them limp!

Skincare

Nature's Essence Lacto Tan Clear - I went to the seaside for a weekend last month and came back horribly tanned. Natural remedies were not helping and I asked the girls at the Stylecraze community to suggest a product to remove the stubborn tan. Almost everyone recommended this and I bought it. I used the cream regularly for about two weeks and it managed to make me tan free! A big thanks to Nature's Essence for coming out with this and to the stylecraze girls for recommending it. 

Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel - The only under eye gel that helps me to get rid of panda eyes, puffiness and tiredness. Love this one!

Palmer's Olive Butter Formula Concentrated Cream - The weather was too hot and humid to use a body lotion all over so used this cream instead for dry hands, elbows, knees and feet. I keep it in my office drawer and use it whenever my skin calls out for some lotion love. Great product to banish dryness woes!

Fragrance

I use Body Mists on a daily basis and love light and fresh fragrances. Last month, I showed a lot of love to my TBS Shea Body Mist, a wonderful warm nutty fragrance and Victoria's Secret Berry Kiss Shimmer Mist, a floral fruity concoction with light shimmer. Maybe I used TBS a bit more than VS but loved them both equally.



Makeup 

Lipsticks - Chambor's Orange Falmbe, Maybelline' Berry Brilliant and MAC's Taupe were the shades I wore the most. Gorgeous colors all of them and perfect for all skin tones.

Eyeshadows - Have gushed over these enough in my posts here and here. L'Oreal's Infallible Range of eye shadows are probably the best products that hit the beauty market in 2012. Love you Endless Chocolate and Burning Black!

Eye Pencils - I'm very late in jumping on the Faces eye pencil bandwagon but I'm so glad that I did. These are absolutely fab!..I got them in Navy Blue and Forest Green and have been using them regularly. Just love the texture and pigmentation! Another favorite has been the trusted Maybelline Colossal Kajal (used up two of them this month!)



These were the products that made me very happy last month (except the hair mask!). What were your Aug favorites? Do share in the comments below.

17 comments:

poorna banerjee said...

yeah the lacto tan clear thing works like a charm... and I am loving Mac Taupe. My go-to orange is Obsessed Orange though. :D

Poutpretty said...

Try the Chambor one as well..its lovely!

Pranali said...

i have extremely tanned feet.will try the lacto tan clear on my feet.hope it works there.

Pranali said...

i have extremely tanned feet.will try the lacto tan clear on my feet.hope it works there.

poorna banerjee said...

i have the dessert rose in this range. and thinking of getting more orange.

Shourima Ghosh said...

hey tried the himalaya under eye creme? it works well..

Poutpretty said...

Really? Havent tried yet. Will giv it a shot then. Thanks:)

coralcrue said...

Nice post. want to try faces pencils. have swatched them and loved them. Do they irritate the waterline?

Poutpretty said...

Not for me...loving these pencils

Rayconnect said...

Burning Black is my favourite too :)

Preetha Karthik said...

am getting forest green next..lovely post

Jennifer (Indian Beauty Cafe) said...

colossal kajal is my favorite too.... i am already on my third or fourth one...... need to get another brand which is as good as the colossal before i get bored using it... :)

Dolon said...

I dont even remember how many Ive used up..Lakme is out with its eyeconic kajal but its pricier at 199

Dolon said...

Thanks Pree..im loving these faces pencils

Dolon said...

oh yesss

Lucy said...

Hi there! Can you tell me whether or not the lacto tan clear has hydroquinone in it? thanks! :)

Dolon said...

Hey Lucy, on the pack it says the key ingredients are Milk, Bees Wax and Geranium Oil..thats all