Saturday 14 July 2012

Want to Color Your Hair? Try Balayage!

Hey Pretties

This post is specially for all of you who love to color your hair. The beauty world is now buzzing with a new highlight technique - Balayage which in French means 'to sweep'. Ever lusted over the sun-kissed locks of Sara Jessica Parker and Giselle Bundchen? Well its all due to Balayage!






So what is this Balayage?


Balayage is a hair coloring technique which is designed to create very natural-looking highlights which grow out without developing a noticeable and obvious root. When hair is colored with the balayage process, the highlights are painted on by hand in a sweeping motion which moves from the base to the tip of the hair. At the base, the color is applied very lightly, while at the tip, the color is very heavy. The result is a chunky highlight which looks naturally sun bleached. Unlike foiled highlights, which look very uniform and a bit unnatural, hair which has been subjected to balayage simply looks like it has been out in the sun. 


Have to check out if the salons in India offer this technique. Even if they don't, fret not! Here is a video that shows you how to do this at home. 



Let me know if you tried this. Do share in the Comments below

Happy Weekend my Pretties

Love

D

6 comments:

Nidhi Pandey said...

What kindof highlights should people with black and 10-20 grey hair should go in for?

Nidhi

healthizenblog.blogspot.in

Unknown said...

Hey Nidhi..even I have black and a little bit of grey hair...Reds look amazing but they tend to fade very fast leaving a very ugly brown color. Caramel highlights look fab

Swati said...

wow nice term... good for my general knowledge :D

Nivedita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nivedita said...

I have never tried color fearing what if all my black hair tured grey. So pls advise which brand I should use in case I gather courage to color my hair.

Unknown said...

If you have never colored your hair...Don't..I know it looks fashionable but at the end of the day it's just a load of chemicals. And it is true. Color does accelerate the greying process. Ask me!!!!