Friday 8 August 2014

Sleek MakeUp Limited Edition Rio Rio I-Divine Palette - Swatches, Review

I love bright colors not just on my lips but on my eyes as well and so when Sleek Makeup launched their summer special Rio Rio I-Divine palette, I had to have it. Big thanks to Renji for ordering it and sending it to me because unfortunately I don't get any packages from Sleek. After 3 lost packages till date, I just did not have the courage to go ahead and order on my own again.

This exclusive i-Divine Palette is inspired by the explosion of vibrant exotic colours seen at the Rio Carnival, with bursts of golden yellow, intense fuchsia and metallic green hues.
Each shade is highly pigmented, reflecting the exciting carnival celebrations and everything that is Brazilian! Create shimmering eyes with super-charged shades that pop.
This palette of vibrant colours suits all skin tones and the exclusive packaging captures the flamboyant, exotic carnival costumes.

Sleek MakeUp Limited Edition Rio Rio I-Divine Palette




Here are details of all the shades and the swatches.

Tropics - Bright matte orange
Night Fever - Bright fuchsia which will also look lovely as a blush
Ipanema - Maroon/brown cross with plum tones and golden shimmers 
Caipirinha -  Lime green with a shimmery finish
Urca - A soft golden champagne
Leblon - The standard matte black 

Swatched without primer

Cachaca - Pearly white 
City of God - Bright, very yellow toned gold
Copacabana - Tan color. Not that pigmented
Sao Conrado - Pretty rose coral with a matte finish. Again, a good blush color.
Bossa Nova - Orchid with blue duochrome.
Leme - Royal blue with a pearl finish. Super pigmented and my favorite shade in the palette. 

Swatched without primer

The matte shades are slightly dry but pigmentation of all of them is good except Copacabana. The pearl and metallic finish shades have a bit of fall out so it is best to use a primer. 

Overall, Rio Rio is a nice palette to have in your collection if you are a fan of colored eye shadows and want a much cheaper alternative to Urban Decay's Electric Palette. It's available for a limited time only at Sleek MakeUp for $9.99. Will post a look with a few colors from this palette soon. 

What do you think of this palette ? Do you like it or it's just too colorful for your taste ?


No comments: