Saturday 21 June 2014

Benefit Matthew Williamson The Rich is Back Makeup Kit - Pictures

Benefit collaborated with leading British fashion designer Matthew Williamson to flash you back to the glamorous days of disco with rich, seductive shades inspired by his vibrant prints. This limited-edition, fashion-forward kit dresses up your look with flashy eyes, a foxy flush and ruby lips. It's modern decadance!

Benefit Matthew Williamson The Rich is Back Makeup Kit


I picked up The Rich is Back kit last week during a trip to the famous Champs Elysees Sephora store in Paris. The store is huuge and my first reaction on entering it was "Oh My God! My credit card is so in trouble here". After a couple of hours of browsing around, I picked up some stuff  (not a lot coz its quite expensive there!) which I shall reveal in the coming posts and this kit was one of them. It is by no means new and I think released last summer. It was supposed to be LE and I was quite surprised to see it still available. I don't remember exactly how much I paid but it was around 30 Euros. 



The set includes…

One 4 gm tube of They’re Real! Mascara
One 6.5 ml tube of Lip Gloss in Inferno
One 2 gm Gimme Fever Cheek Powder
4 X 0.8 gm Eyeshadows in Solid Gold, Get Down Brown, Disco Dust and Feel So Teal
One miniature cheek brush
One step-by-step tutorial booklet



What attracted me to the kit was definitely the packaging. Matthew Williamson is known for his prints and this kit reflects his signature style. The shadow colors are beautiful and they totally complement each other. They are shimmery, soft and very well pigmented. My favorite is definitely Feel So Teal. It is just gorgeous and can be used both as an eye shadow and liner. 



Gimme Fever cheek powder is a nude pink with silver shimmer. As a blush, the color does not show up much on my skin tone but it adds a nice glow so I'm definitely using it as a highlighter. It totally complements the eye shadows. 

Inferno is a red gloss with gold glitter. The color is pretty inside the tube but it hardly shows up on my lips unfortunately. The texture is nice. It's soft and non-sticky and I love the slight floral scent. Planning to layer it on top of lipsticks rather than wearing it alone. 

So excited to see They’re Real! Mascara in here. I haven't tried it out yet but I have a lot of expectations from this little tube. Lets see if it matches the hype. 

Overall, this kit is lovely and I would really recommend you to get it if you can. Not sure if it's still available in the US but in the UK, it's priced at around 21 pounds. 

Liked the products inside the kit? Do share which is your favorite Benefit product. Would love to know. 


No comments: