Monday 19 May 2014

Experiencing the Lightening Facial with Ocean Mist Mask at Four Fountains Spa

The Four Fountains spa outlet at Salt Lake Kolkata is one of my favorite haunts whenever I feel the need to pamper myself. The reason why I like the spa is because it's economical, their service is top class and it's not too far away from where I live. Last week I was invited by Four Fountains to experience a therapy and I was pretty unsure of what I would go for till I reached the spa. Initially I thought I would go for the Swedish massage but then decided that I had to do something about my tan and I was suggested the 1 hr Lightening Facial with Ocean Mist Mask. 





The Four Fountains Spa is India's largest chain of affordable health spas located across India. They offer a number of spa therapies for de-stressing, de-toxification, immunity and beauty for both men and women. The Four Fountains Spa has two outlets in Kolkata, one in Salt Lake and the other in Camac Street. Since the former is easier for me, I decided to get my therapy done there. 


The spa is located in Salt Lake BG Block, near the swimming pool and it's right on the main road. On entering, I was greeted by the very courteous staff who suggested the Lightening Facial when I said I wanted to get rid of my tan. There are two variants of this facial. One is without the mask and the other with the Ocean Mist mask and I opted for the latter. If you are a first timer, you will be given a questionnaire to fill up to determine the level of stress in your life. I had mine done earlier so skipped that part.



The spa interiors are modest yet very relaxing. Low lights, light music, fragrance of scented oil all add to the atmosphere and give that very 'spa-like' feel. While I was soaking in the ambience, my therapist came and guided me to the therapy room. It was a small room with a bed, cupboards to keep belongings and an attached shower. Very clean, neat and tidy. 

Before starting off, she briefed me about the facial and the steps. First, she cleaned my face and gave a massage for 10 mins, then applied toner, a scrub, a moisturizer and then the Ocean mist pack. While the pack was drying, I was given a very very relaxing and much needed foot massage for nearly 15 mins. The therapist said that after a facial, a foot massage is very effective in speeding up the blood circulation to the face, giving a boost to the effect of the facial. Once the pack dried, came the usual cleaning up and applying moisturizer. The therapist had lovely hands and the facial was soo relaxing! And the foot massage was a super addition! I was also advised not to use a cleanser that night but just wash the face with water. Once everything was cleaned up, I did see a glowing, refreshed and brighter me in the mirror. The products used were all herbal and in-house. The glow lasted for nearly 3-4 days and there was a considerable reduction of the tan a day after the facial. So glad that I got it done!

The Lightening Facial with Ocean Mist Mask is priced at Rs 1799 while the Lightening Facial without the mask is priced at Rs 1499. During weekdays, there is a discount of Rs 200 on all therapies if you go between 10 am - 5 pm. I did notice that the prices have increased since the last time I came but it is still reasonable as compared to quite a few others specially on the body massages and polishes. Plus they also have a number of packages and membership plans available which save a lot of money. 

Do visit the Four Fountains spa and try out the facial or the other therapies. Its a good place :)

P.S - The facial was complimentary courtesy Four Fountains Spa. Review is honest as always.


No comments: