Thursday 20 March 2014

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Standout and Shameless - Review, Swatches



Revlon launched these lip crayons in a matte finish last year internationally and I know that a lot of you are waiting for this product to hit Indian shores. Well, the wait might be over pretty soon coz a little birdie told me that we will be able to get our hands on them maybe in the next two or three months. Yay for that! While in Singapore earlier this year, I checked out all the ten shades and I can tell you that they are definitely worth waiting for. The colors are so pretty!. In Singapore, drugstore products cost a bomb specially the ones that are imported and I paid around a thousand each for these two products. Foolish? Yes considering that when they launch here, I'll probably be able to get two at the same price. But then, I really wanted to try them out and did not want to wait! I picked up the two colors that stood out for me. Standout, a bright red and Shameless, an eggplant purple.


The Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm comes in a chunky lip crayon form and the look is the same as the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain.  I like that these are twist up pencils so you don't have to bother with sharpening. What I don't like is the mint fragrance and the slight tingling/cooling sensation on application. Thankfully it goes away very soon.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Standout and Shameless

The crayons are very pigmented and creamy to apply. I would say that they have a semi-matte finish and give a slight sheen to the lips. I know Revlon named them as balms but don't really expect them to do the work of a lip balm. They go on extremely smooth but won't say that these are too hydrating. Mildly so but they don't dry out lips either. 

The two shades I bought are Standout, a gorgeous red that goes on so smooth. This color reminds me Revlon's Really Red lipstick from their matte range. If you love red, this is a color to have.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Standout


The other shade is Shameless, a very close dupe of MAC's Heroine lipstick. Its a dark eggplant purple with pink undertones and has excellent pigmentation. This one is the girl who loves bold, bright and offbeat colors. 

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Shameless


If you are a fan of matte/semi-matte lipsticks, these you will love. They are convenient to use, travel friendly and have excellent texture, pigmentation and wear time. I love!

Which color did you like?


No comments: