Wednesday 22 May 2013

Soap and Glory The Scrub of Your Life Super Smoothing Body Buffer - Review

When a brand names their product the "The Scrub of Your Life", you think that either they are way too full of themselves or that they have come up with something that is akin to manna from heaven. The first time I came across this tube at Sephora, I could not make up my mind whether to believe in the name and pick it up or just take it coz it looks so pretty. At the end, I went with the looks and despite the Rs 1100 tag for 200 ml, I could not resist myself from placing this in the cart. 


So what exactly is The Scrub of Your Life? Well, its a super smoothing body buffer and has the signature Soap and Glory Pink Fragrance that is a combination of bergamot and mandarin, rose, jasmine, peach, strawberry, oakmoss, amber, woody notes and warm vanilla musk, amber, and warm vanilla notes on the bottom. In one word, this smells Divine! I've lost count of the number of times I've opened the tube to only smell this stuff.




The packaging of all Soap & Glory products are brilliant. I just love their pink and white combination and the layout that takes its inspiration from 1950's soap ads. The tube has a flip top cap and the product inside consists of a mixture of tiny pink beads and colorless white grains in a thick, colorless gel base. The difference between this scrub and the other body scrubs is that this one is quite foamy. I have not come across any scrub that foams and I like that about the S&G product. All you need to do is squeeze out a little amount of scrub and just gently scrub away. The fine beads and grains are excellent exfoliators and you will notice smooth soft skin immediately. And the best part is definitely the yummy fragrance that lingers on even after rinsing off. The product is laden with chemicals and parabens so not really for those who look for chemical free skincare but it does a great job, I must say. Because it foams, it gives super smooth and clean skin and I do not feel any dryness after washing it off. 




I specially use this on my knees and elbows and despite being a mild version of a scrub (that's why its called a body buffer), it does its job so well. My skin texture feels much better after I've used this. 

Now coming to the most important question. Is this really The Scrub Of Your Life? Well, I would say right now, to me it is and if you live in India and don't mind shelling out Rs 1100 for a tube at the Sephora store in New Delhi, I'm certain it will be yours too. This is a really good product and I would totally recommend. The price here unfortunately is a bummer and that is the only con I can think of. And maybe the fact that its full of parabens. Else, all is great!

Have you tried The Scrub of Your Life or any other Soap & Glory product?

No comments: