Monday 22 April 2013

Sephora Crayon Jumbo Liner 12 Hr wear Waterproof Pencils Black and Purple - Review, Swatch, EOTD, FOTD

We women are constantly on the lookout for two HG makeup products - a perfect shade of red to take us from plain Jane to glam diva instantly and the blackest smudge proof and waterproof eye pencil to add to the oomph factor. I belong to that category of women as well and my search for that wonder eye pencil has led me to try out innumerable brands till date, some I loved and some I detested. This time the quest led me to the eye pencil section in Sephora India's store where I met the Crayon Jumbo Liner 12 Hr wear Waterproof Pencils. At first glance, I wasn't that interested. I have a pretty large collection of eye pencils currently and I did not want to add to them. But then the SA started telling me about how these are Sephora's bestsellers and implored me to try them out at least one. I did and I was hooked! Without thinking too much, put two pencils in black and purple in my bag and moved on to the next section.


These pencils are super awesome and if you go to Sephora's store, you have to check them out. They double up as eyeliners and eye shadows and are great for adding bold color to lids and lash lines. Since these are jumbo pencils, you will not get a thin, precise line but these have to be the smoothest pencils that I've tried out. They just glide on like butter baby! The color payoff is awesome, specially the black pencil. The purple one is slightly low in pigmentation though and contains a pearly sheen. On the eyes, it does not look that bright. The black is just a pure matte pitch black and is great for a smudged smokey eye look.



When Sephora says waterproof and that these pencils last for 12 hrs, they really mean it. I've been wearing the black pencil everyday for the last two weeks and this thing does not budge. Once its set, only a makeup remover can take it off. If you want to use these as shadows or as a base, make sure to blend fast, else the color will dry and make it difficult to blend. I also tested the waterproof claim by swatching them at the back of my hand and vigorously rubbing with water. It took me 3 tries to get the color to fade so that claim pretty much works too. My Johnson's Baby oil takes it off easily though.

Purple on upper lash line and black on lower lash line


FOTD with the black eye pencil

I'm now kicking myself for not getting more of these pencils, at least the black one. There are about 8-9 colors in the range and all of them are so gorgeous. At Rs 680, they are by no means inexpensive but the quality is just fantastic. Very much at par with the high end brands or may be even better. Outside of India, they sell for around $12.

In short:

  • These pencils can be used as eye liners, eye shadows or as a base
  • The formula is wonderfully soft and creamy
  • Good color pay-off
  • Lasts for really 12 hrs
  • Waterproof, smudge proof
  • Safe to be used on waterline
  • Need to be fast when blending else the color dries up pretty fast and then it does'nt budge
  • Easy to remove
These jumbo pencils are every rupee worth its Rs 680 value. Do check them when you are at a Sephora store. Highly recommended!


Have you tried any of the Sephora Jumbo Liners? What's your favorite shade?


No comments: