Saturday 20 April 2013

Faces Ultime Pro Longwear Matte Lipstick in Passion - Review, Swatch, FOTD

Can you guess how long it took for me to write this post? 24 Hrs! Yup. I started writing yesterday and my mind drew a complete blank. First attempt - managed a paltry 3 lines. Got bored and switched to watching youtube makeup tutorials. Btw have you watched Pixiwoo's Marlene Dietrich video? So so gorgeous!  Gave a second attempt in the evening  and came up with another 5 lines. Sat again at night and the output was a meager 8 lines. Got so disgusted with myself that I deleted everything and started afresh this morning. Think the end result is pretty decent but then Ill leave that for you to judge!

If like me, you love matte red lipsticks, then this post is for you. I cannot stop going ga ga over this shade Passion in the new Faces Ultime Pro Long Wear Matte lipstick range. There is a dearth of good matte lipsticks in the Indian beauty market and I'm so glad that Faces got these lipsticks out. Passion is a warm bright red. Packed with color, the pigmentation is awesome, texture smooth and creamy and the best thing is that it does not dry out the lips.


Passion is a color that can be carried off by any skin tone. I personally believe that women look the best in red lipstick and Passion makes that belief even stronger. The packaging reminds me of the MAC mattene lipsticks in their slim black tubes. Here, Faces with its really long name for the lipstick is inscribed on the black tube.


If you have pigmented lips, worry not coz Passion takes care of that easily. One swipe is enough to give you luscious and hot red lips. Super impressed with the quality. This matte just glides on the lips. No tugging or pulling at all. Its a true matte and the staying power is around 4-5 hours including light snacking. It does not dry out my lips but if you have super dry lips, use it on top of a balm to protect your puckers.




At Rs 599, I think this range is quite reasonable and I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for matte lipsticks. If you want to try out a matte red but don't want to spend on MAC or any high-end brand, Faces Ultime Pro in Passion is a very good option. Gorgeous color, creamy texture, pure matte finish and impressive staying power. Totally worth it!

Have you tried any of the Faces Ultime Pro Mattes? Whats your favorite shade?

P.S - Product sent by brand. Review 100% mine

No comments: