Saturday 2 March 2013

Essie Bahama Mama Nail Polish - NOTD, Review

I had heard a lot about Essie nail polishes but never tried one out simply because I think Rs 500 is a waste of money on a polish. Thankfully, I did not have to spend that amount on my first Essie nail polish and the credit goes entirely  to Enchantess who sent a lovely shade, Bahama Mama in the Feb bag. It's a gorgeous deep berry purple wine that even though is a fall color, goes really well with Indian skin tone and can be used in all seasons. 

The color is beautiful but for me, this is not a wonder product. I'm not too happy with the application. The first two coats gave me a streaky finish and I had to apply one more to go completely opaque. The drying time is killing though. Had thought since this is a high end brand, would dry fast. But no. Even after an hour, the polish did not dry completely and there were dents on the nails :(. Love the finish though and how glossy it made my nails look, without using a top coat. I cant comment on the staying power since I only applied this yesterday afternoon. But still haven't seen any signs of chipping which is great. 

I was expecting to be wowed by my first Essie nail polish but sadly the expectations were not met. Considering the high price tag, had expected this to fare much better. I don't know how the other Essie nail polishes are but if they have the same formula as this, I'm not paying Rs 500 for them!




Have you tried Essie nail polishes? 

No comments: