Sunday 6 January 2013

Colorbar Cheek Illusion Blush Bronzing Glaze - Review & FOTD

Colorbar has recently launched a bunch of new products and among them are the new Cheek Illusion blushes. Even though the name is similar to the normal range of blushes, they look different and are also priced much higher at Rs 650. I haven't seen them yet on their website though. I've always been a fan of Colorbar blushes and till date, Just Earth is the only blush that I've managed to use entirely ( I miss that shade so much!) so these new shades really got me curious. The one that I got is a lovely peachy bronzey color, Bronzing Glaze.


The major difference between these blushes and the normal ones are that these contain microshimmers that are supposed to highlight the areas of the face where light hits thereby giving a glowing complexion. All the shades in this range are absolutely lovely. Unfortunately, the SA did not allow me to take pictures or swatches, else would have shown you how pretty all of them look. Most of the shades lean towards natural colors so they would suit every skintone. I was on the lookout for a shimmery natural blush for a long time and Bronzing Glaze looked perfect. This color would look lovely specially on warmer skin tones.

The packaging is nothing spectacular. In fact, I find the outer shiny silver case to be rather tacky. The good thing is that the lid is transparent which gives an idea about the shade. Inside, the blush has a sort of quilted design with Colorbar embossed on it, giving it a nice look. These do not come with a brush



The texture of the blush is very light and powdery thereby making it a dream to apply. The shimmer is not chunky and gritty at all and therefore does not irritate the skin.

In terms of pigmentation, this is lovely. A little bit is enough to give me a healthy, bronzey flush. What I like most about the blush is that the shimmer is not OTT. It does make its presence felt but in a very subtle way, making it suitable both for day and evening wear. In terms of what it's supposed to do, as in give a glowing complexion, it does do it's job well. Honestly, I can't figure out much about the light reflecting part, but I like the shimmery effect that it gives to my skin.





The only gripe I have against the blush is its staying power. On me it lasts for about 3 hrs. Wish it lasted for a lot more though. And the price. Colorbar, you used to be an affordable brand. Why have you become so expensive??

Overall, I'm quite liking Bronzing Glaze and would recommend if you are looking for a non OTT shimmery blush. The color is lovely and the texture smooth, powdery and light. Just does not last for a really long time.

Have you tried the new Cheek Illusion shades?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks lovely on you. I haven't tried Colorbar blushes yet but this seems nice. What are you wearing on your lips. It's such a lovely vibrant colour.