Monday 10 December 2012

Korres Raspberry Antioxidant Liquid Lipstick Soft Pink, Fuchsia & Berry - Review, Swatches

I've been lusting after the Korres Raspberry liquid lipsticks ever since I read a few reviews of them. Last week, while browsing through strawberrynet.com, saw that these were being sold at nearly 70% off ( the offer is still on) so I went ahead and ordered a pack of three which is great value for money. The shades that I got are Fuchsia, Soft Pink and Berry and I paid Rs 547 for all three! I've been wearing them for a couple of days now so all ready to share my thoughts with you.



What are these according to Korres?

These lipsticks are cooling, water based liquid lipsticks with a line-smoothing formula rich in anti-oxidant Raspberry and Pomegranate extracts to protect against free radical damage and smooth lip lines for youthful looking lips. The formula is same as that of a lipstick but with the creamy texture and shiny finish of a gloss.



My views - 

These liquid lipsticks have been around for a couple of years now so they are not really new. I should have got them long back coz they are absolutely lovely! Here's why.

What I Love

1. They smell very nice. A mild vanilla fragrance which is quite yummy.
2. The packaging is sleek and slim with a doe-foot applicator inside. Perfect to carry in a small purse or clutch.
3. In terms of texture, these are not really as creamy as a lipstick but are very smooth to apply. I would actually call it a hybrid of a lipstick, lip stain and a gloss. It has the intense color of a lipstick, the weightlessness of a lip stain and the shine of a gloss. Even though the shine loses a bit of intensity after a couple of hrs, the color stays on for nearly 4 hrs and there is quite a bit of staining on the lips, which I like.
4. The colors are really yummy and are very pigmented. They are bright but not overtly so and will suit every skin tone. Fuchsia and Berry are more or less similar while Soft Pink is a lovely muted pink. It may wash out very dark skin tones though. All of them have slight shimmer in them.
5. On the lips, these feel wonderful. Not thick, goopy, slippery or sticky.
6. The finish is semi-matte with shine. 


From Left to Right - Soft Pink, Fuchsia, Berry
What I Don't Like

1. Wish they had more product. 3.5ml is too little!
2. The cooling effect is negligible
3. The shine does not last for long
4. Although its quite moisturising when applied, after about 3 hrs it starts to dry out the lips. Not like sucking away all moisture but I experienced mild dryness
5. Availability is a major problem. The only place where I've seen this is strawberrynet.
6. High Price. The regular price is Rs 1777 for a pack of three.

I'm a big fan of liquid lipsticks and love this trio. The color, texture and finish is lovely. If you like rich, opaque lip colors, these are for you. Grab them while they are on offer!

Have you tried any Korres product?

4 comments:

Neha said...

I too ordered my pack on discount so am ok with the qty .. Individually they r too expensive! I got soft pink red and berry.. The red is to die.for awesome! Love!

esha.2187 said...

Thanx 4 d review...i almost ordered these but den i came across some pixi natural mineral kits for d same price n ordered that instead....hope it turns out to b good

Unknown said...

All 3 colours r so pretty! Its good value at the offer price but really not worth the full price. Will check if strawberrynet has any other colours in the offer.

Nids said...

lovely shades n fab revu... wud chk out. the site asap... :-D thanxxx for the revuuu..